IGI supports multiple highly available applications critical to our customers across multiple servers. We are responsible for making sure our customer receives helpful service and timely responses to Information Technology support requests and questions. This role will focus on creating and maintaining high quality, timely and consistent experiences across all customer support touch points.
Job Description: Applicant will work with our customers as well as outside vendor personnel to install, maintain and troubleshoot multiple applications on managed virtual and physical servers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor email and call handling queue for server and application issues.
- Monitor call handling system and process daily change requests.
- Provide logs, screenshots, or other server information to application teams unable to access servers.
- Work with application teams to install or upgrade new software via Webex telecoms.
- Research and troubleshoot existing software issues in tandem with internal and external application teams.
- Assist other team members on application related issues.
- Keep management informed of status of project and assigned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
You Must Have:
- One(1) or more years’ professional work experience in providing customer support in an IT related field or equivalent college degree.
- US Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain the required USPS contractor security clearance.
- General knowledge of server hardware and software.
- Beginner to intermediate skills for identifying and resolving technical problems.
- Basic knowledge of database connectivity and/or programing background to follow existing code and logs.
- Web technologies such as IIS, ColdFusion, Websphere, Tomcat, Jboss, Apache and Java.
- Any experience working with virtual machines in a VMWare environment.
- Experience with a call handling system for work assignment.
- Skills in using operating system software, companion software and utilities.
- Effective communication skills, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Shift is Tuesday – Saturday from 5AM to 1PM MT
IGI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.