Tribology Lab Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
An opportunity has arisen for a Tribology Lab Specialist to join our Engineering Team within Product Innovation and Engineering (PIE). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an expanding and dynamic team and help contribute to tribological research at Infineum. The colleague will lead lab operations with various industry standard machines and work in a safe, clean, and friendly environment. The successful candidate should be an individual with strong lab-based and/or mechanical aptitude and detail-oriented ability.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you:
- Lead internal lab to support and grow in-house tribological and surface analysis research.
- Work with Technology to plan and execute short and long-term lab activities.
- Develop new and optimize existing test methodologies.
- Oversee data collection and analyses.
- Interface with internal customers to meet fit for purpose testing and/or analytical needs.
- Engage in complex troubleshooting of equipment to ensure continuity of operations.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of tribology equipment with external vendors.
- Lead and support projects broadly related to tribological testing, failure analysis and materials characterization of engine hardware.
- Work with external vendors and internal teams to develop testing procedures for tribological interfaces under various contact and environmental conditions.
- Collaborate and interface with Technology to perform root cause analysis, brainstorm solutions to tribological problems in engines, and communicate key data and expert recommendations.
- Manage safety documentation (e.g., operating procedures, risk assessments, training documents, etc.) of lab equipment and processes.
- Effectively communicate technical information to a wide variety of audiences, internally and externally.
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standards of the group.
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Opportunity to interact across technology groups and become involved with exciting and challenging projects.
- Visibility of a wide range of technology areas and projects.
- Understanding of the lubricant additives industry.
- Develop knowledge in performance testing and lubrication science.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor’s degree required (e.g., materials engineering, mechanical engineering) and minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, or
- An advanced degree in a related field and minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with tribology equipment and process of failure analysis.
- Strong commitment to safety and quality values.
- Demonstration of effective multi-tasking, prioritization and time-management skills whilst maintaining high standards of work.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with risk analysis, exceptional technical analysis skills to determine root cause of failure and provide feedback and recommendations.
- Experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Have strong communication skills and be highly motivated.
- High level of communication and cooperation with team members.
- Experience in data collection and management, data analysis methods.
Infineum is a world-leading formulator, manufacturer, and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportation. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore, and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life, and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
HealthcareView all jobs at Infineum
Get fresh Lab Operations Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.