Elementary Teacher Grades K-5
Indy STEAM Academy Indianapolis, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Elementary Classroom Teachers (K-5)
Reports To: CEO/Head of School
Location: 4020 N. Sherman Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46226
Salary: Salary Schedule
Contract Term: 10.5 Months
Classroom teachers are responsible for creating a positive school climate and culture and a welcoming classroom environment, developing and implementing lesson plans that are aligned with the Indiana Academic Standards, reinforcing classroom expectations and procedures, observing and evaluating student performance, grading assignments, administering assessments, and analyzing data to make informed instructional decisions about teaching and learning. Elementary Classroom Teachers partner with parents to ensure the academic success and social-emotional development of students. Classroom Teachers participate in staff meetings, grade level teams, local and school-wide professional development to enhance their knowledge and overall effectiveness.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares classroom for the First Day of School.
- Develops and implements lesson plans that are aligned with the Indiana Academic standards and the STEAM curriculum.
- Implements instructional strategies to support student learning including project-based learning, design thinking, scientific inquiry, the engineering design process, and 21st century learning skills.
- Facilitates whole group, small group, individualized instruction, differentiated instruction, scaffolded instruction, and computer assisted instruction to support and enhance student learning.
- Uses a variety resources, materials, and technology to support instructional delivery and learning.
- Instructs and monitors students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Assigns and grades class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Observes, maintains accurate records, and evaluates student performance and development.
- Administers formative, diagnostic, and local and state assessments.
- Analyzes data to make informed instructional decisions about teaching and student learning.
- Implements RTI, provides interventions for remediation, and reinforcement/enrichment activities.
- Participates in informal and formal evaluations for teacher effectiveness.
- Participates in debriefing sessions to reflect on effective instruction and classroom management.
- Maintains effective classroom management strategies, rewards and consequences, PBIS, Character Education, Culturally Responsive Teaching, and Social-Emotional Learning to establish a positive school culture and climate.
- Provides frequent feedback to students regarding their progress and achievement.
- Works collaboratively with parents to develop and monitor Academic, Behavior, and Career Plans.
- Provides parents with weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates on the progress of their children.
- Participates in quarterly Parent/Teacher conferences, family nights, and schoolwide activities.
- Participates in extracurricular activities, social and sporting activities, clubs, and student organizations.
- Maintains positive and collaborative relationships with colleagues, instructional coach, administrators, community partners, and stakeholders.
- Participates in grade level team meetings to support instructional planning.
- Participates in staff meetings, job-embedded professional development workshops, and in-services.
- Attends workshops and/or conferences to learn about new innovative instructional strategies.
- Participates in one’s own goal setting/plans for professional development and evaluation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the CEO/Head of School.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field (Required).
- Master’s Degree (Preferred).
- Indiana Teaching License/Certificate or Transition to Teaching Permit.
- Successful Student Teaching Experience, Pre-Service Training, and Field Experiences.
- New and Beginning Teachers and/or Teacher Fellows with 0-3 years of experience.
- Experienced Teachers 5+ years of successful teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of content area subject matter and the STEAM Curriculum.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects, provide reports and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office platforms such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to use PowerSchool Student Information System Teacher Portal, Attendance, Enrollment, and Grades Portal, and maintain lessons in Schoology to support E-Learning.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to implement diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment tools.
- Keeps abreast of current research-based instructional strategies to enhance the STEAM curriculum.
- Normal office/classroom conditions with moderate to loud noise levels.
- Physical Requirements Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
“Preparing Today’s Students for Tomorrow’s Careers!”
Indy STEAM AcademyWhy Work Here?
Seeking to make an impact on teaching and learning in a positive school culture and climate then Indy STEAM Academy is the place for you!
Indy STEAM Academy is a tuition-free public charter school. The focus of our academy is Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics
4020 N. Sherman DriveIndianapolis, IN
EducationView all jobs at Indy STEAM Academy