- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Industrial Inspection & Analysis is looking to fill a Mechanical Engineer position at our Nuclear Services location in San Antonio, TX. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the robotics and related equipment for non-destructive and decontamination activities in the Nuclear Environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods, and soliciting observations from the engineering team
- Validates system and product capabilities and quality through feasibility testing methods, applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials
- Prepares product reports by collecting, researching, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Creates and refines technical and mechanical part and assembly drawings, capturing design intent and documenting the key aspects necessary to accomplish the project’s manufacturing goals
- Creates and refines complex mechanical components
- Develops the Bill of Materials management on all projects
- Performs Root Cause Analysis on and testing activities for inspection systems
- Integrates mechanical and electrical components into the engineering design
- Develops high quality engineering drawings with GD&T
- Analyzes mechanical systems, including Finite Element analysis for structural, fatigue, thermal, vibration on engineering designs
- Develops manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable engineering standards
- Interfaces with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly
- Reads and interprets technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Develops heavy engineering reports to include mathematical engineering analysis
- Produces design concepts for proposal bidding
- Provides recommendations to the Engineering Manager in regard to retrofitting and any modifications to parts or assemblies
- Works with the Engineering Manager, manufacturing group, and project teams to ensure that all elements of the project are integrated effectively and efficiently to meet customer demands
- Ensures compliance with all company and statutory procedures, standards, and specifications
- Bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong skills in math and geometry
- Detail-oriented engineering skills
- Experience in classic engineering calculations (statics, mechanics of materials, dynamics and fluid mechanics)
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Experience with GD&T
- Finite Element Analysis experience using Solidworks Simulation or other commercial FEA software
- Solidworks or other 3D CAD software experience
- US Citizenship
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Mid-level project management skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to satisfy all Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) security requirements to obtain unescorted access to U.S. nuclear power plants
- Must be able to work varying hours and varying days of the week.
- Must be able to work in varying working environments ranging from an indoor office / laboratory environment to an outdoor site to power plant to other industrial facilities.
- The position may occasionally be exposed to acetone, solvents, grease, cutting fluids, fumes, airborne particles, and toxic and / or caustic chemicals.
- May be exposed to ionizing radiation.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and / or push up to 50 lbs.
- Must meet vision requirements for the job, including near vision, color vision, and depth perception.
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance and Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Paid holidays and time off
Industrial Inspection & Analysis
AddressSan Antonio, TX
Get fresh Mechanical Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.