The Payroll Clerk position is accountable for collecting time keeping information incorporating a variety of deductions into a periodic payroll and issuing pay and pay related information to employees. In addition the payroll clerk will provide accurate and timely reporting to government and non-government entities as required. This position provides administrative and technical support to Accounting, Human Resources and Project Management to support the successful completion of construction projects. Office administration is also a key responsibility.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- On a weekly basis, complete payroll, certified payroll, weekly payroll taxes, labor reporting, layoff checks, settle payroll disputes
- On a monthly basis, complete and file EEO reports, monthly Union reports, SUTA reporting, Dept of Labor reporting
- On a quarterly basis, quarterly payroll taxes and Project Labor EEO reports
- On a biannual basis, complete Union apprentice certificates
- On an annual basis, complete W-2s,
- As needed, set up new employees and process new applications, conduct Unemployment Audits and respond to requests for Unemployment Benefits, maintain records regarding employee benefits and payroll deductions
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least six months of payroll experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), tuition assistance
It is the policy of IFI to ensure that applicants are employed without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability (mental or physical), political affiliation, genetic information, marital status, parental status, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Industrial Fence, Inc.