Account Manager Outside Sales
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kick your career into gear with IES! Since 1963, IES (Industrial Electronic Supply) has been serving customers across vital industries – evolving with them, as well as advances in technology, to specialize in industrial automation, controls, drives, instrumentation, and power distribution. And after almost six decades of organic growth, IES has added stocking locations across five states, including Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Embracing a culture of servant-based leadership, IES works to constantly improve the company's value to the communities we serve and drive long-term business by supporting their success and inspiring loyalty in our customers, suppliers, and employees. And, as IES expands our team, we have an opportunity for an account manager ready to join our team in Houston, Texas.
Do you find professional and personal fulfillment in making an impact? Are you interested in improving the safety, productivity, and profitability of customers across a range of industries? We'd love to talk to you about a long-term future with IES.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OPPORTUNITIES
- Cultivate and prioritize strong customer and partner relationships
- Call on and routinely communicate with customers in various engineering, maintenance, and purchasing roles, and industries
- Prospect and generate new business, and grow sales with existing customers
- Continually develop your product knowledge and participate in manufacturer product training
- Regularly communicate with customers about their needs, identify opportunities, and recommend solutions
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and quotes to secure orders
- Work to ensure customer satisfaction and provide exceptional service
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Proven ability to successfully manage a sales territory, connect with customers, and forge solid business relationships
- Effective listening, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude and positive attitude
- Familiarity with products, tools, and applications, as well as basic electrical knowledge, and an understanding of automation and controls desired
- A degree in engineering, industrial distribution, or equivalent degree or industry experience preferred
- A strong work ethic and prospecting skills, as well as determination and a desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to recognize sales opportunities, present solutions and product recommendations, and close sales
- Outside sales position requires frequent travel within assigned territory, which may include some overnight travel
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- Competitive base salary, commission, and profit sharing as applicable
- Ongoing product training
- 401K + company matching
- Group health insurance + life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Paid volunteer day to serve a non-profit of your choice
IES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
IES also maintains a drug-free workplace. Drug screening and pre-employment aptitude tests are required.
And since 1963, IES has had the pleasure of serving customers across numerous industries – evolving with them, as well as with advances in technology to specialize in industrial controls, automation, drives, power distribution, and instrumentation. And after almost six decades of organic growth, IES has added stocking locations across five states, including Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Industrial Electronic Supply, Inc.
6001 Stonington Street #170 HoustonHouston, TX
Get fresh Industrial Outside Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!