Industrial Control Concepts Fort Mill, SC
- Posted: 4 days ago
The primary role of the Process Designer is to provide support to engineers by designing and modeling piping, mechanical and equipment layouts. This role will assist engineers in the field, accompanying them to worksites. The Process Designer will work closely with the engineering department staff to ensure drawings are accurate, consistent, and timely.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Create and edit existing P&IDs, isometric and other engineering drawings.
- Develop 3D piping, structural and equipment models.
- Utilize laser scanning equipment on-site to assist in creating 3D models.
- Set up specification sheets for projects.
- Travel to assist engineers in design work.
- Plan and section drawings.
- Participate in team project meetings.
- Prepare technical information for peers, teams and clients.
- Read and interpret customer documents, design specifications and data sheets for drawing implementation.
- Create shop fabrication drawings of skidded equipment.
- Assist shop and sales personnel regarding drawing interpretation, dimensions, design concepts, clarification, etc.
- Complete drawings on-time, following preassigned deadlines and instruction.
- Report daily progress to Design Manager and provide realistic estimates of drawing completion.
- Contact vendors to request and gather component design information to incorporate into drawings.
- All other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Minimum Requirements
- 4+ years of experience in Mechanical Drafting and Process Design or related field.
- Associate's Degree in Design/Drafting or Mechanical Engineering.
- Gathering and analyzing measurement data from the field.
- Knowledge of design standards, procedures, and policies and piping, electrical and/or structural codes.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, CADWorx, Plant 3D, or similar CAD design software required.
- Proficiency in Navisworks software package.
- A thorough knowledge of piping fabrication and construction.
- Skills in organizing, maintaining, and managing information, keeping the CAD file server current and establishing documentation for each source of information.
- Skill in understanding and identifying necessary steps in completing a project.
- Ability to work independently in a teambased environment and produce quality drawings and models in a timely manner.
- Able to read blueprints & interpret customer drawings & specifications.
- Well-versed with MS Office Products, including Excel.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam.
- Able to perform some calculations.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain quality work while under pressure.
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone or within groups as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (e.g. being able to explain technical issues to clients using common language).
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude, and a passion for problem solving.
- Natural curiosity and fascination. Not afraid to ask questions. Always trying to learn and grow.
- Must be an American Citizen and able to pass a background check.
Industrial Control Concepts
AddressFort Mill, SC
ConstructionView all jobs at Industrial Control Concepts