Software Engineer - Robotics / Automation
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Software Engineer position performs programming tasks across hardware platforms (HMI/PLC/Robot/Windows .net) for custom machine and robot integration projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops PLC and robotic control programs following IAS standards.
· Helps to improve and maintain existing programming standards.
· Interprets mechanical design drawings for software requirements.
· Assists with commissioning of electrical/software systems and associated hardware per application specifications.
· Performs quality audits for technicians work and responds to inquiries during assembly.
· Designs and develops software applications based on given requirements and specifications.
· Interprets client requirements for GUI/communication interface, networking and creates specifications based on these requirements.
· Reviews, repairs, and re-designs legacy code as required.
· Troubleshoots issues with existing company installed systems.
· Writes user manuals to communicate functionality of company developed programs.
· Works with other engineering staff to provide input with quote preparation as required.
· Participates in reviews and works with other engineering professionals to ensure proper implementation of projects.
· Provides timely and detailed status updates.
· Follows all safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
· Other job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science (BCompSc), electrical engineering (BSEE) or similar degree from an accredited college or university.
· High level of proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
· Proficient IT skillset as relates to industrial programming.
· Two (2) years of automation programming experience with Siemens TIA Portal and/or AB RS Studio 5000.
· Two (2) years of programming in the .net (C/C++/C#) environment.
· Five (5) year of general software programming experience.
· Experience and skill in troubleshooting automation software system issues.
· Experience and skill in troubleshooting control system/programming issues.
· Familiarity with Vision Systems.
· Familiarity with Motion Controllers/Actuators.
· Two (2) years of programming in the SQL or similar database environment.
· Proficiency with programming in a .NET environment
· Proficiency in design/drafting tools AutoCAD/ePlan and SolidWorks.
· 5+ years of experience in the automation industry.
· Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Email) and MS Project.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
· Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
· Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools or controls.
· Occasional exposure to a production environment.
· Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Travel is required approximately 15 % of the job.
Travel is anticipated for this position, typically within a 400-mile radius of the metropolitan Milwaukee area. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
At IAS, we offer a competitive salary along with a complete benefit plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a 401k. We are a growing organization where your talents will allow you to advance professionally and be part of a collaborative team. IAS is based in New Berlin, WI, approximately 15 minutes west of Milwaukee.
Industrial Automation Solutions, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IAS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
IAS reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
IAS provides a work environment in which each employee can be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We neither condone nor tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all individuals in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment, and we maintain a workplace that fosters mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.
IAS supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work workplace by maintaining a smoke free environment, and thorough criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
Industrial Automation Solutions
5125 S. Towne DriveMilwaukee, WI
Get fresh Automation Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.