Industrial Automation Solutions has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join our team of talented and diverse professionals developing customized robotic systems. We are seeking an individual with the necessary automation experience and a track record of growth and success. This person will perform the electrical concept design, final electrical design, Bill of Material, release and final documentation of hardware and PLC HMI programming for custom machine and robot integration projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops PLC and robotic control programs following IAS standards.
· Helps to improve and maintain existing programming standards.
· Develops electrical schematics and drawings in electrical drafting software.
· Interprets mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements (e.g. SolidWorks).
· Researches supplier products for assembly components.
· Develops electrical bill of materials from electrical schematics.
· Assists with commissioning of electrical systems and hardware per application specifications.
· Performs quality audits for technicians work and responds to inquiries during assembly.
· Designs and develops software applications based on given requirements and specifications.
· Interprets client requirements for GUI/communication interface, networking and creates specifications based on these requirements.
· Reviews, repairs, and re-designs legacy code as required.
· Troubleshoots issues with existing company installed systems.
· Writes user manuals to communicate functionality of company developed programs.
· Works with other engineering staff to provide input with quote preparation as required.
· Participates in reviews, and works with other engineering professionals to ensure proper implementation of projects.
· Provides timely and detailed status updates.
· Follows all safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· BA/BS degree in engineering or comparable discipline from an accredited school or university.
· 2+ years of experience in the automation industry.
· 2+ years of experience with Siemens TIA Portal and/or AB RS Studio 5000.
· Proficiency in Programming Logic Controllers (PLC).
· Familiarity with Vision Systems.
· Familiarity with Industry Standards UL and CE.
· Familiarity with Motion Controllers/Actuators.
· Experience and skill in troubleshooting control system issues.
· Proficiency with programming in a .NET environment
· Proficiency in design/drafting tools AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
· BSEE, BSSE, or equivalent software degree preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in the automation industry.
· Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Email) and MS Project.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others.
· Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy.
· Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Dedicated and innovative problem-solver.
· Must be organized and critical thinker that can follow designs through completely.
· Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
· Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
· Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools or controls.
· Occasional exposure to a production environment.
· Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Travel is required approximately 5 - 10% of the job.
At IAS, we offer a competitive salary along with a complete benefit plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a 401k. We are a growing organization where your talents will allow you to advance professionally and be part of a collaborative team. IAS is based in New Berlin, WI, approximately 15 minutes west of Milwaukee.
Industrial Automation Solutions, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IAS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
IAS reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
IAS provides a work environment in which each employee can be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We neither condone nor tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all individuals in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment, and we maintain a workplace that fosters mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.
IAS supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work workplace by maintaining a smoke free environment, and thorough criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.