Industrial Automation Solutions has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join our team of talented and diverse professionals developing customized robotic systems. We are seeking an individual with the necessary automation experience and a track record of growth and success. This person will perform the electrical concept design, final electrical design, Bill of Material, release and final documentation of hardware and PLC HMI programming for custom machine and robot integration projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops PLC and robotic control programs following IAS standards.
· Helps to improve and maintain existing programming standards.
· Develops electrical schematics and drawings in electrical drafting software.
· Interprets mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements (e.g. SolidWorks).
· Researches supplier products for assembly components.
· Develops electrical bill of materials from electrical schematics.
· Assists with commissioning of electrical systems and hardware per application specifications.
· Performs quality audits for technicians work and responds to inquiries during assembly.
· Designs and develops software applications based on given requirements and specifications.
· Interprets client requirements for GUI/communication interface, networking and creates specifications based on these requirements.
· Reviews, repairs, and re-designs legacy code as required.
· Troubleshoots issues with existing company installed systems.
· Writes user manuals to communicate functionality of company developed programs.
· Works with other engineering staff to provide input with quote preparation as required.
· Participates in reviews, and works with other engineering professionals to ensure proper implementation of projects.
· Provides timely and detailed status updates.
· Follows all safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· BA/BS degree in engineering or comparable discipline from an accredited school or university.
· 2+ years of experience in the automation industry.
· 2+ years of experience with Siemens TIA Portal and/or AB RS Studio 5000.
· Proficiency in Programming Logic Controllers (PLC).
· Familiarity with Vision Systems.
· Familiarity with Industry Standards UL and CE.
· Familiarity with Motion Controllers/Actuators.
· Experience and skill in troubleshooting control system issues.
· Proficiency with programming in a .NET environment
· Proficiency in design/drafting tools AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
· BSEE, BSSE, or equivalent software degree preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in the automation industry.
· Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Email) and MS Project.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others.
· Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy.
· Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Dedicated and innovative problem-solver.
· Must be organized and critical thinker that can follow designs through completely.
· Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
· Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
· Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools or controls.
· Occasional exposure to a production environment.
· Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Travel is required approximately 5 - 10% of the job.