Robotic Assembly Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Robotic Assembly Technician to become an integral part of our team! You will perform assembly line tasks as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Robotic Assembly Technician is responsible for following detailed assembly instructions to perform final-stage assembly of robotic projects. This job requires the technician to work closely with the mechanical and electrical engineering teams on the build process. In addition, this technician works closely with the software and test teams to execute testing procedures on the assembled systems.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assembles robotic machine set-up that includes light wiring, check out, and customer demos.
· Assists with production and project work by managing assigned mechanical job tasks.
· Aligns, fits, or assembles component parts using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, or templates.
· Maintains technical and operational documentation.
· Rotates through tasks for specific production processes.
· Conducts quality inspections on products and parts.
· Performs preventive or corrective maintenance on robotic systems or components.
· Provides service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
· Works with a team to troubleshoot problems.
· Prepares finished products for shipment.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
· Follows all safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
No direct reports.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year experience in manufacturing, assembly, or other related fields.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical wiring.
- Experience with basic electrical assembly.
- Experience with hand tools.
- Software proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite, and 0ffice 365.
· Associate degree in a technical field.
· Experience with programming.
· Experience with assembly tools and materials.
· Experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment.
· Demonstrated experience with electronics assembly, soldering, and torque-controlled devices.
· Demonstrated experience with root-cause and troubleshooting.
· Demonstrated experience with quality control and facilitating continuous process improvement.
· Ability to handle physical workload.
· Ability to work well with teams.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
· Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
· Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools or controls.
· Occasional exposure to a production environment.
· Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Travel is required approximately 15% of the job.
Travel is anticipated for this position, typically within a 400-mile radius of the metropolitan Milwaukee area. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary
At IAS, we offer a competitive salary along with a complete benefit plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a 401k. We are a growing organization where your talents will allow you to advance professionally and be part of a collaborative team. IAS is based in New Berlin, WI, approximately 15 minutes west of Milwaukee.
Industrial Automation Solutions, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IAS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
IAS reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
IAS provides a work environment in which each employee can be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We neither condone nor tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all individuals in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment, and we maintain a workplace that fosters mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.
IAS supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work workplace by maintaining a smoke free environment, and thorough criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
Industrial Automation Solutions
5125 S. Towne DriveNew Berlin, WI
Get fresh Robotic Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.