Project Manager - Robotics / Automation
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Project Manager is responsible for leading multi-functional teams to deliver automation and robotics project(s). The individual in this role manages resources, schedules, and financials, as well as adheres to IAS project management standards throughout the project life cycle. These job duties also include management of actions, issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
The Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis, including aspects of purchasing and production as required per the project demands.
In addition, the Project Manager is the primary point person in the interaction with the customer and collaboration with third party vendors when necessary.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements.
· Leads teams and resources to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery per client expectations.
· Develops WBS (Project Launch) with the engineering and management teams.
· Manages project task list via MS Office and project management software to determine project responsibilities.
· Manages and reports on project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, and risks, while mitigating/resolving issues.
· Maintains critical project documents including the Action Register and procurement/accounting documents.
· Communicates with the customer and facilitates the project workflow in an efficient manner.
· Identifies and manages scope deviations, costs, and change order protocols.
· Supervises, coordinates, and reviews status of deliverables from staff engineers.
· Assists with sales calls, project proposals and quotes.
· Reports on project status to upper management, including the monitoring of deadlines, cost and quality.
· Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contracts.
· Sources and works with third party contractors to aid in installation deadlines, timelines and additional capacities.
· Develops standard operating procedures with management team.
· Confirms project performance by aiding in the design, testing, and installation of projects.
· Oversees and maintains safe working environment by enforcing safety procedures, rules and regulations.
· Other job duties as required.
Business and Automation Technicians.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· BA/BS degree in related field from an accredited university; or an Associate degree in a related technical field from an accredited college PLUS five years project management experience.
· Five years experience in technical project management.
· A high level of proficiency in the MS Office suite.
· A high level of technical proficiency and ability to quickly learn new software packages.
· Familiarity with a wide variety of automation equipment.
· BSME/BSEE or similar Engineering degree from an accredited university.
· Proficient in Design/Drafting Tools AutoCAD and/or Eplan.
· Experience in custom automation/machine building.
· Familiarity with Industry Standards UL and CE.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) license.
· Knowledge of Zoho Project management software.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and delegate.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Experience working with cross-functional teams to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
· Experience mentoring others.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and assign work to best use the skills, knowledge, and experience of other employees.
· Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and deal with situation where limited standardization exists.
· Experience formulating and documenting a high-level plan with input from many functional groups.
· Experience working under pressure of schedules.
· Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
· Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
· Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools or controls.
· Occasional exposure to a production environment.
· Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Travel is required approximately 25 % of the job.
Travel is anticipated for this position, typically within a 400-mile radius of the metropolitan Milwaukee area. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
At IAS, we offer a competitive salary along with a complete benefit plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a 401k. We are a growing organization where your talents will allow you to advance professionally and be part of a collaborative team. IAS is based in New Berlin, WI, approximately 15 minutes west of Milwaukee.
Industrial Automation Solutions, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IAS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
IAS reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
IAS provides a work environment in which each employee can be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We neither condone nor tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all individuals in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment, and we maintain a workplace that fosters mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.
IAS supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work workplace by maintaining a smoke free environment, and thorough criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
Industrial Automation Solutions
5125 S. Towne DriveMilwaukee, WI
Get fresh Senior Assistant Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.