Industrial Automation Solutions is seeking an experienced and creative Mechanical Engineer to join our team of talented and diverse professionals by planning and designing customized automation projects utilizing robotics, motion and vision systems. Each project we undertake is its own unique piece of work, from the beginning sketch to the final installation. Therefore, the ideal individual is someone who likes to be an integral part of the whole team, is creative, likes variety and who thrives by seeing the whole process from start to finish. So, if you're qualified candidate who is equal parts designer, inventor, collaborator, and visionary, this is the job for you.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conceptualizes and designs highly complex automation machinery, robotic cells and material handling systems, including development and checking of technical specifications, drawings and bills of material.
- Creates 3D part/assembly models and details drawings for manufacture per design best practices using Solidworks.
- Manages the scope of work for mechanical design on customized projects, including planning, supervising project work and verifying designs to ensure effective performance of the work.
- Supports fabrication, testing and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Provides guidance and direction in technical risk evaluation, functional composition and interface management as part of the design team.
- Provides technical expertise in automation and equipment engineering practices.
- Delivers complete and accurate designs within the allotted time.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSMET) from an accredited college or university.
- One (1) year of mechanical engineering experience in automation.
- One (1) year of 3D CAD design (e.g. Solidworks, AutoCad Inventor, Pro/Engineer) that includes modeling and automation systems design experience.
- Strong precision machine design background.
- Experience with specifying Pneumatic/Electric actuators and force loading calculations.
- Solidworks experience preferred.
- Experience with project management methods, practices and tools including scoping, facilitations, delegation and risk management best practices.
- Substantial knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes such as machining, grinding, welding, hand assembly, fasteners, etc.
- Relevant experience with fixed automation and/or robotic assembly system concept development and design.
- Experience working within cross-functional teams to handle multiple priorities and meet scheduled milestones.
- Ability to accurately estimate the level of effort required to complete a design on time and within budget.
- Possesses a desire and capability to coach and mentor interns and other engineering partners.
- Demonstrated mechanical component and assembly design experience.
- Demonstrated experience in engineered component selection and major equipment specification development.
- Demonstrated ability to create drawing packages, electronic bills of materials and engineering change orders.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
- Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools or controls.
- Occasional exposure to a production environment.
Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.