- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Electrical Engineer designs, develops and tests all aspects of electrical components, equipment and machinery of the electrical system design. The EE works as a member of a project team and coordinates work with others while achieving an on-time completion of automation design projects within budgetary constraints.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops and designs electrical topologies and schematics in AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks Electrical.
· Interprets mechanical design drawings and layouts for electrical requirements.
· Designs electrical systems with an advanced knowledge of the software used in the system to ensure proper system communications.
· Understands client requirements and creates specifications based on these requirements.
· Powers up electrical systems and tests per application specifications.
· Designs and supervises electrical panel fabrication and testing.
· Researches and tests manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
· Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods.
· Troubleshoots issues with existing company installed systems.
· Writes user manuals to communicate functionality of company developed programs.
· Checks quality of assemblers and technicians work and responds to electrical engineering inquires.
· Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Provides input for quote preparation as required.
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
· Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
· Completes projects by training and guiding technicians and interns.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· BA/BS degree in engineering or related discipline (BSEE preferred) from an accredited university; OR an Associate degree in engineering from an accredited university PLUS 5 years of automation experience.
· 1+ years of electrical engineering experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
· Proficiency in Design/Drafting Tools CAD and/or SolidWorks Electrical.
· Familiarity with Industry Standards UL and CE.
· Familiarity with various Motion Controllers/Actutors (e.g., IAI, Yasakawa).
· Familiarity with Vision Systems.
· Experience and skill in troubleshooting control system issues.
· Experience in the automation industry.
· Experience in robotic application equipment and processes.
· Familiarity with Rockwell Automation and/or Siemens products.
· Knowledge of Zoho Projects.
· MS Office 2010 (Excel, Word, Outlook), MS Project and general computer literacy.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others and have a positive attitude.
· Must be a demonstrated ability to lead and act as a resource to others.
· Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy.
· Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to formulate and document a high-level plan with input from many functional groups.
· Ability to communicate ideas persuasively, gain support and commitment from others, inspire others to act, and lead by example.
· Ability to organize and assign work to best use the skills, knowledge, and experience of employees.
· Ability to maintain positive interactions with staff, management and clients.
· Ability to work under pressure of schedules.
· Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
· Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
· Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools or controls.
· Occasional exposure to a production environment.
· Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Travel is required approximately 10 % of the job.
Travel is anticipated for this position, typically within a 400-mile radius of the metropolitan Milwaukee area. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
At IAS, we offer a competitive salary along with a complete benefit plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a 401k. We are a growing organization where your talents will allow you to advance professionally and be part of a collaborative team. IAS is based in New Berlin, WI, approximately 15 minutes west of Milwaukee.
Industrial Automation Solutions, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IAS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
IAS reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
IAS provides a work environment in which each employee can be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We neither condone nor tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all individuals in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment, and we maintain a workplace that fosters mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.
IAS supports a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace by maintaining a smoke free environment, and thorough criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
Industrial Automation Solutions
5125 S Towne Dr. New BerlinNew Berlin, WI
Get fresh Electrical TEST Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.