Year Round Automation Engineering Internship
Interested in robotics, vision systems or motion systems and currently working toward your engineering or related field degree? Looking to gain experience in automation and robotics while you go to school? Industrial Automation Solutions has an exciting internship opportunity that would give you hands-on experience while you work with our team or top-notch engineers and talent. Please note that this internship is intended to be year round and not just for the summer.
The Automation Engineering Intern receives hands-on experience in the design, operation and controls of custom automated systems created and built in-house by IAS, Inc. As part of a collaborative team of automation professionals, the intern position comes with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the design, assembly and controls engineering in various projects involving robotics, vision and sensor systems, and motion systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the engineering staff and manager as assigned with research, development, testing and proper design maintenance of various IAS projects and products.
- Assures the accuracy and completeness of all drawings, files, engineering records, prints, and tasks associated with assigned projects.
- Learns and becomes proficient in company operating software and engineering software.
- Assists with the development of engineering schedules, budgets and projects as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university working toward a degree in an engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, industrial, automation) or other related field.
- Knowledge of MS operating systems (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, Email), including MS Office and MS Projects; AutoCAD; and SolidWorks.
This is a part-time position located in New Berlin, WI and designed to be worked year round in conjunction with a student's studies. This is not an exclusively summer internship.