Front Desk Clerk
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Guest Service Representative Hotel Department: Front Desk
Reports to: Front desk Supervisor FLSA: Non-Exempt
Job Summary: Service guests of hotel by greeting, performing guest transactions, answering the telephone, operating necessary front office equipment, etc. to ensure high-quality guest relations. Effectively support the Front Office Supervisor, control and manage all front office operations and exceed company standards for guest satisfaction.
- Assists in maximization of revenue goals through up selling and down selling according to occupancy, rates and competitors;
- Efficiently coordinates daily arrivals and departures including special requests;
- Follow hotel’s cash handling procedures;
- Keeping front office neat and organized and communicating daily activities to appropriate departments;
- Seeks feedback from guest to ensure the highest level of satisfaction and resolving problem situations through management aid to exceed guest expectations;
- Responds to and directs emergency situations and security issues to management immediately;
- Report to supervisor any health, safety, or hazard issues;
- Ensures that health and safety standards are maintained with the front desk both employee and guest perspective;
- Ensuring of safety and well being of our guests and co-workers by having a working knowledge of crisis and emergency procedures;
- Responsible for all operations of the front desk including shift reports, cash drops, call around and other functions to better serve guest and operation of front desk;
- Attends meetings and training as requested;
- Responsible for proper key control;
- Must wear uniform and nametag;
- Must comply with hotel and brand standards;
- Ensures compliance of all company policies and procedures;
- Work closely with the sales team and capitalize on all revenue;
- Have good understanding of PMS system;
- Be willing to work any shift and fill in when other associates are not able to work;
- Continue working until the next shift arrives;
- Send a daily end of shift activity to Supervisor and copy to General Manager;
- Must embrace the Mission, Values and Vision of Indus.
- Maintain personal cleanliness.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as may be designated:
- Qualifications: High School or GED (or high school student working towards high school diploma), must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Education/Experience: Customer services experience/hotel front desk experience preferred.
- Language Skills: Excellent interpersonal/communication and customer service skills. Proficiency of English Language for understanding business letters, memos, customer interaction, presentations, demonstrations, employee direction, audits etc.
- Equipment/Computer Expertise: General knowledge of computers.
- Physical Demands: Light lifting of guest’s shipments up to 0-25 pounds, standing up to 8 hrs.
- Work Environment: Interacting with co-workers, vendors and customers, working with office
Machines, phones, fax, computers etc.
- Customer Satisfaction: Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Indus Hotels and Individual Hotel staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Indus Hotels / Individual Hotel associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day. Work Habits: In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security: The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Indus. Every Indus Hotels / Individual Hotel associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
NOTE: This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
- I have read and agree to comply with the above job descriptions.
____________________________________________________ __________Signature Date
Hampton Inn and Suites Hilliard
Get fresh Clerk Front Desk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.