Indrotec Staffing and Workforce Management is seeking qualified, energetic individuals to work as a Facility Services Worker with the Saint Paul Area Schools. Employees would be performing all custodian duties along with general maintenance and janitorial duties. Employees will work as a floating employee and qualified candidates must be able to travel to any school site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sweeps, dust mops and wet mops hallways, floors and stairs, strips, seals and waxes floors, vacuums and shampoos carpet
- Cleans washroom walls, floors, tiles and fixtures. Replenishes washroom supplies
- Empties wastebaskets and moves large containers of trash and garbage to central disposal area. Moves boxed supplies from storeroom to other parts of building
- Sets up, disassemble, and moves tables, chairs, furniture and equipment
- Washes walls and furniture with industrial wall-washing and furniture washing machines
- Removed snow and ice from sidewalks and other paved surfaces using manual or powered equipment. Spreads sand and salt
- Mows and trims grassy areas surrounding building
- Dusts room and office furniture, windowsills and other surfaces
- Cleans blackboard and erasers
- Cleans swimming pool floors
- Adjusts and/or replaces window shades
- Replaces light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, and washes light fixtures
- Patches broken windows
- Locks and secures building as required
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Some knowledge of general housekeeping and cleaning techniques
- Some skill in operating a wide variety of tools and powered equipment such as buffers, scrubbers, vacuums, mowers, snow blowers, and hand tools
- Working ability to interact with school personnel, students, and the public in a tactful and effective manner
- Working ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Working ability to endure sustained periods of physical activity including some heavy lifting
- Background check
- 1:30 PM - 10:00 PM Monday - Friday
- 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM Monday - Friday
- Working ability to endure sustained periods of physical activity
Ability to safely lift objects of varying weights ranging from:
- Continuously for weights up to 15 pounds
- Frequently for weights up to 30 pounds
- Occasionally for weights up to 50 pounds
- Rarely for weights above 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and/or pull up to 110 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to climb stairs frequently and ladders occasionally.
- Ability to occasionally balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.