Job Title: Software Engineer II
Project Name: DANS
Worksite: Port San Antonio TX 913 Billy Mitchell Dr., San Antonio, TX
Clearance: Candidate must be a US Citizen, eligible and willing to be sponsored for a DoD Security Clearance
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer II with an active Secret clearance or higher to work on IndraSoft’s program located in San Antonio, Texas. The incumbent will be a highly motivated individual who works well as part of multi-disciplinary Agile team in support of both operational support, system configuration and software development activities.
The Candidate must have strong analytical, troubleshooting skills. He/She will be responsible for programming and support, assisting in the design and development of software components, units and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules. The selected candidate will help analyze software requirements and operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition requirements, solution development and proposed solutions determined by feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, test and debug assigned components and units and assist with technical writing documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Electronics with 5-7 years of experience. Master’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience or PHD with 0-2 year’s experience.
· 3 years software development experience.
· Experience with the following software development application/tools: Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS). Programming Languages: Microsoft ASP.Net, C#, VB.NET, WPF, Visual Basic 6.0, HTML, XML, Java Script and VB Script.
· Experience with working with MS SQL Server databases and have ability to design, build and modify SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, views and tables. Ability to modify or create packages in SQL Server Integration Services.
· Experience with the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for software development.
· Proven skills for writing code in the about languages, testing software designs, integrating code in current architecture, monitoring system performance and recommending system re-designs base on results.
· Experienced in applying DoD procedures and guidance to control DoD networks, system architecture, software development and network security.
· Candidate must be a US Citizen, eligible and willing to be sponsored for a DoD Security Clearance
· DoD 8730 IAT level II certification (CCNA Security, or CySA+ or, GICSP, or, Security+ CE or SSCP) required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software.
· Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
· Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
· Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
· Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
· Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
· Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
· Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
· Independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.