Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Worksite Location: Hampton, VA
Clearance: Secret Clearance / TS/SCI highly preferred
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Senior Software Developer. The candidate will be responsible for developing joining a development team focused on providing new, and maintaining existing, web-based solutions. He/she will perform software analysis, design, and delivery tasks to ensure that our customers’ technology needs are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent. May substitute the equivalent in a combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience
- 8-15 years of experience as software developer
- Familiarity with all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Active SECRET security clearance required
- Excellent communication skills and maintaining customer/team relationships
- Proficient with managing a software version control system (ex. Git or SVN) in order to facilitate quick patch management
- Proficient in .NET based web development to include ASP.NET and C#
- Proficient using Microsoft SQL Server as an application back end database in support of web applications
- Proficient developing applications following industry best practices and design patterns
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or be qualified to attain one within three months of hire. (SSCP, CCNA-Sec, GSEC, Security+ CE)
- Experience with agile development processes
- Work with development teams following engineering processes such as CMMI
- General understanding of the environments, requirements and responsibilities associated with DoD development
- General understanding of DISA STIG requirements
- Experience developing with security policies, best practices and processes to include automated code scanning and vulnerability remediation
- Active TOP SECRET with SCI security clearance
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Expert in formulating and defining system scope and objectives
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document programs and processes
- Use of version control systems to manage code and quick delivery of patches
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsible for completion of a phase of a project
- Regular communication with customers during requirements analysis and managing scope creep
- Regularly provides guidance to less-experienced analysts/programmers
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Since 2002, IndraSoft has successfully provided IT solutions to major customers that include the U.S. Air Force, Defense Logistics Agency, USTRANSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of State, and Department of Justice. Our professional staff has broad software and network experience and expertise that include software and network engineering, development, sustainment, migration, integration, training, help desk support, testing and operational support. We follow a well-defined process to understand the customer’s information technology needs and then provide timely and affordable solutions that meet those needs.
IndraSoft is a certified small business, woman and minority-owned corporation. IndraSoft’s proven leadership in IT systems, exceptional customer service, and solid hands-on technical expertise has made way for its leading innovation and quality IT services.