Job Title: LAN Administrator - Senior
Location: Anniston Army Depot, Anniston AL 36201
Project Name: Anniston Army Depot IT Support
Veteran Friendly Employer
Clearance: Active Secret
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified LAN Administrator to join our dynamic team at Anniston Army Depot, Anniston, Alabama. The selected candidate will provide configuration management planning, software and system baseline management and configuration management process implementation and compliance management. Describe and control provisioning for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years LAN Administrator experience.
- Experienced with providing Cisco OS device support.
- Extensive experience managing system and network baseline configurations.
- Experience with deploying network devices, switches, and routers into operational and production environments.
- Security+ or Network+ certification
- Active Secret Security Clearance required.
- Cisco Network Administration (CCNA) certification required.
- Given general direction, responsible within an assigned program(s) for executing all software configuration management activities per the software configuration management plan in accordance with the programs policies, practices and requirements.
- Establishes and manages tool specific to network operations as required.
- Performs and documents all required network device configuration builds to ensure reproducible network baselines
- Executes change control functions to insure network integrity and meet program schedules.
- Under general direction, responsible for the acquisition, installation, maintenance and usage of the company’s local area network.
- Studies contractor products to determine those which best meet organizational needs; assists in presentation of information to management resulting in purchase and installation of hardware, software, and telecommunication equipment.
- Manages network performance and maintains network security.
- Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Installs all network software.
- Evaluates, develops and maintains telecommunications systems.
- Troubleshoots network problems.
- Establishes and implements network policies, procedures and standards and ensures their conformance with information systems and company’s objectives.
- Trains users on network operation.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.