- Posted: over a month ago
- $98,000 to $110,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Indorama Ventures Sustainable Recycling is looking for an experienced Operations Manager for our Dallas, TX facility. In this role, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the manufacturing operation processes with regard to safe operations, environmental compliance and efficiency. The Operations Manager serves on a company’s leadership team to oversee the performance, efficiencies, and satisfaction of employees. Work to analyze the company’s organizational process and finds ways to enhance employee’s work quality and productivity.
What the Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Long-term planning to create initiatives that further the company’s overall goals
- Coordinating different teams to foster exchange of ideas and provide cross-team learning opportunities
- Assessing and analyzing departmental budgets to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize profit
- Inspiring and motivating employees to perform at their best through positive encouragement and incentive initiatives
- Identifying potential problems and points of friction and working to find solutions to maximize efficiency and revenue
- The development and delivery of multi-year maintenance and engineering strategy to execute deliver critical KPI s for Operations.
- Leading and facilitating the Progressive Maintenance Pillar
- Management of all utilities, maintenance, & engineering at site.
- Technical asset management from early equipment management, project management (i. e. design, installation, vertical start-up), optimization, maintenance, and retirement.
- The delivery of new product initiatives at the site to meet business needs.
- Ensure compliance to IVSR standards related to technical job function of site.
- Manage Maintenance costs to ensure the budgeting process is accurate and the department meets the business requirements.
- Deliver sites engineering projects to scope, timing, and costs.
- Develop and sustain maintenance predictive technology strategies to provide a proactive maintenance culture.
- Maintenance and Engineering team engagement and associate development.
Operations Manager's Accountabilities:
- Develop personal leadership and managerial skills
- Provide leadership to continuously improve the effectiveness of the technical function
- Foster the development of others
- Drive for Excellence in Execution
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure that Maintenance Department delivers equipment reliability (Planned and Unplanned Maintenance Losses) for agreed cost (Labor and Production Expenses)
- Stay current with functional tools and methodologies in Maintenance and Engineering
Operations Manager's Business Accountabilities:
- Develop projects that meet business and regional activity plans
- Communicate with all Stakeholders to ensure all project objectives are clearly defined and achieved
- Ensure delivery of scope, time, budget, and cash flow for all projects
- Lead team members to gain and sustain a technical competitive advantage
- Drive initiatives that improve implementation efficiencies as well as operational efficiencies
- Drive lean ways of working in the engineering process and as a project deliverable
Operations Manager's Functional Accountabilities:
- Provide innovative solutions resulting in sustained technical competitive advantage
- Provide project solutions with value added engineering and lean design
- Deliver projects that maximize asset utilization
- Support the development of technology platforms for providing a sustained technical advantage
- Drive to identify, protect and expand intellectual property of the corporation
- Develop standards for equipment, systems and engineering processes and collaborate with other senior engineers and global technical teams
- Develop external business relationships including construction contractors and engineering resources
- Proactively develop practices and methodologies that increase the effectiveness and reduces the costs of engineering
Operations Manager's Leadership Accountabilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the Maintenance and Engineering team
- Effectively represent the Regional Maintenance and Engineering function
- Manage project teams to meet project objectives as agreed upon by stakeholders
- Support the adherence to the Five Principles
- Lead cross-functional teamwork
Context & Scope:
- Operations Manager with accountability for Production, Maintenance, and Engineering resources across the site
- Visible leadership driving a Continuous Improvement culture at the site and within the Business
- Site liaison on project engineering teams for projects that are being executed by non-site-based engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical related field
- In-depth understanding of production manufacturing, maintenance and engineering principals’ knowledge of technical disciplines: Process, Packaging or Electrical/Controls are preferable
- Team skills high performance team experiences
- CMRP (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Process) certification or working to obtain within 18 months of placement into roll
- 10 years of experience required. Related experience in a Plastic manufacturing environment or similar industry. Experience must include manufacturing-based maintenance and engineering with project/systems emphasis.
- Production, Maintenance and/or Engineering Leadership experience
- Theory/functionality of manufacturing systems and unit operations
- Continuous improvement techniques
- Problem solving and analytical methods
- Process measurement and control
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects/initiatives within budget
- TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) type experience with emphasis on PM (Progress Maintenance) and EM (Early Management) pillar leadership desirable
Indorama Ventures Sustainable RecyclingWhy Work Here?
Be part of a world-class chemical company making great products for our society. We offer great competitive package.
At Indorama Ventures Sustainable Recycling, we believe that recycled PET (rPET) is a new engine for growth. We understand that there is a considerable pressure on plastics and that many people around the world want a sustainable environment for future generations. Amid the challenges, there are also tremendous opportunities with PET, which is a 100% circular, recyclable plastic with a lower carbon footprint than other packaging materials such as glass and aluminum.
4685 Mountain Creek ParkwayDallas, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Indorama Ventures Sustainable Recycling