SMALL LAW FIRM SEEKING AN OPERATIONS MANAGER WITH EXPERIENCE
We are looking for an Operations Manager to work directly with the Law Firm Executive Team to oversee the administrative and business aspects of running the firm.
Please note - FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE END OF THIS POSTING. Apply by email only.
Role of the position
*Collects records of expenses of costs advanced to clients and updates the case management system and accounting system accordingly.
*Oversees and manages vendors to ensure they meet deadlines and deliver quality work
·*Manages office facilities and office supply inventory
·*Assists the Executive Team with recruitment, hiring, staffing, and general human resources operations.
·*Supervises the work of the non-lawyer support staff and vendors.
· *Administers payroll (verifying work hours, leave time, overtime) and benefits.
· *Oversees the Firm’s records retention and information storage & retrieval (case management, contact management, personnel/payroll, document storage, etc.).
·*Assists with drafting, implementing, maintaining, improving, and monitoring execution of the Firm's employment policies and procedures.
· *Ensures that the Firm’s business systems & processes are fully documented in writing, organized, and available to the team.
· *Performs audits & spot-checks to ensure policies and procedures are being followed and operating as intended.
· *Prepares weekly Dashboard and Project/Status Report for the Executive Team.
About the firm - We’re a family and estate law firm in Surfside Beach, SC that has grown quickly and will continue to grow. We are not looking for an Administrative Assistant or a Paralegal looking to grow into a role. We need a full-blown bona fide Operations Manager who has prior experience running a small law firm or your own division or department of a mid/big law firm. Do not apply if your only prior experience is as a paralegal, administrative assistant, executive assistant, or bookkeeper.
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with:
· Prior supervisory experience, preferably a staff of 5+ people and budgets of $1,000,000 or more
· Employee engagement and leadership, supervision, and termination
· Managing bookkeepers, accountants, technology services, and other vendors
· Managing cases and projects to ensure they are resolved successfully, on time, and on budget
The ideal candidate - We care about skills and experience. We care just as much about your behaviors, habits, and attitudes…the right person for this role must:
· Not only “adapt” to change, but lead change - drive it and thrive in it
· Talk more about the solution than the problem
· Equally embrace both aspects of the “work/life balance”
· Have a high energy level
· Have thick skin and high empathy
· Have a sense of humor in equal measure to your sense of compassion
· Have keen conflict resolution skills (not conflict avoidance skills)
Our firm has been very successful, and we have grown rapidly … without the guidance of a professional administrator or office manager. We are proud of the firm we’ve built; we’ve done a lot of good, and we’ve gotten a lot of stuff right! But there is a lot of room for improvement and expertise. This is the first time we will be bringing in someone from the outside to help us manage the people and the processes in the firm. The right person for this position is someone we can develop trust in and who will trust in us. The right person for this position will be able to “manage up” to help us help you get your job done.
Prior legal experience is required. Knowledge of family law will be helpful. If you don’t have it, you need to commit to getting yourself up to speed quickly because you will be expected to make sure cases and clients are getting the attention they need and that the staff is following the rules.
This is a management-level position with a compensation plan that includes a salary, benefits, and incentives driven by performance towards defined and tracked KPIs. Initially, the position will be a part-time role (20-30 hours per week) with the potential to grow to full-time as the firm continues to grow.
We do good work and take great satisfaction in helping others. We want to be profitable as well. We want to have a good life and we want to pursue our hopes and dreams and help you pursue yours. We care about our work team and we are very dedicated to maintaining a positive and upbeat work environment. If this sounds like a law firm you want to work at and a job you can do, we very much look forward to talking with you soon.
TO APPLY, WE NEED YOU TO FOLLOW A TWO-STEP PROCESS. If both steps are not correctly followed your application will not be considered. (Yes, we are serious about this. Following instructions is important for an Operations Manager who is supposed to help us streamline our operations and make sure everyone follows the rules.) Send an email to email@example.com and attach a PDF of your resume’ and a cover letter. The letter should tell us why you would be great for this job. The subject line of the email should say: “manager reganam”
Indigo Family Law
Why Work Here?
Awesome team & room for growth