Operations Area Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Indie Campers is your go-to marketplace for road trips. Aggregating over 2.000 own vehicles plus the campervans, motorhomes and other recreational vehicles of countless individual and professional hosts, we operate across 14 European countries - Germany, France, UK, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Portugal, Croatia and Iceland - and are physically present in over 40 cities.Founded in 2013 by 2 good friends, Indie Campers has set its mission on democratizing road trips by enhancing travel experiences and lowering prices for millions of travelers worldwide. We envision becoming the world's no. 1 road trip provider and are quickly expanding - vertically and geographically - to make it happen on a daily basis.With a deep technological focus and foundation, our challenges are both exciting and demanding, and require top talent and motivation to be successfully pursued. We are growing our team and looking for those interested in pursuing this dream with us and hopping on an ever-developing journey.
Following our expansion plan, we are hiring an Operations Area Manager - US & Canada. Reporting directly to the Head of Field Operations, this role aligns team and project management skills with very operational and hands-on tasks. Position will be based in Los Angeles, however it will involve frequent travel to operational depots giving support to current locations, and preparing the expansion of 2022.
We are looking for a highly dedicated professional, who is inspired by Indie Campers mission of democratizing roadtrips, enabling the freedom of movement and connecting travelers worldwide. Your commitment, problem-solving approach and pro-activity will play a critical role for the achievement of high performance results both from a cost efficiency, customer satisfaction on-site sales, and vehicle sales perspectives. You will be the overall responsible for Key Performance Indicators within these four categories.
What you will do:
- Engage, manage, supervise and train local teams of the operational depots from your area of intervention. Establish conditions for the performance of operational activities with high quality and efficiency, supporting the teams in their planning and ensuring the effective implementation of the company’s internal operational procedures;
- Ensure that resources are always adjusted to activity levels namely through guaranteeing timely staff on-boarding. You are expected to play a proactive and assertive role on recruitment processes both from a strategic definition and execution perspectives;
- Identify, negotiate and manage the relationship with local suppliers;
- Control and approve all costs and expenses from the operational depots;
- You will serve as a direct point of communication for any urgency or unforeseen event;
- Set-up new operational depots;
- Vehicle Remarketing: Responsible for local training and sales objectives to final customers;
- Support the introduction of new products and services;
- Support HQs teams dealing with local requirements and compliance matters;
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
Who you are:
- Degree in Management or similar field;
- Proven experience in managing operational teams (3+ years);
- Experience with business expansion and/or internationalization;
- Experience in rent-a-car or Hospitality business would be a plus;
- Excellent team management and communication skills;
- Problem-solver and very proactive;
- Organized and analytical;
- Fluent in English (fluency in additional languages, is a valued plus);
- Valid European Drivers License.
What we offer:
- Being part of a young, fast-growing and innovative company where you make a difference
- Continuous training and coaching to develop the skills that matter to you
- Competitive package including performance bonus and book free roadtrips Europewide (subject to availability)
- International mobility and career opportunities
Are you ready to #GoIndie?
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Indie Campers