- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Indianapolis-Marion County Building Authority
Job Position Description
Job Title: Electrician Department: Electrical
Reports to: Electrical Supervisor FLSA Status: Non-exempt, Hourly
Reports and takes direction from the Electrical Supervisor and is responsible for preventative
maintenance, repair and alterations of all electrical equipment at the Building Authority properties.
1. Performs preventative maintenance and repair work to include:
a. Lighting systems.
b. Emergency generators
c. Motors and motor control systems.
d. Pumps (CCB)
e. Card readers. (CCB)
f. Automatic door system. (CCB)
g. Commercial Laundry equipment. (CCB)
h. Air conditioning systems and control circuits. (CCB)
i. Various electrical kitchen equipment systems. (CCB)
j. Intercom systems and public address systems. (CCB)
k. High voltage switch gear. (CJC)
l. Fire and smoke alarm systems. (CJC)
2. Performs electrical alterations for Building maintained by Downtown operations to include.
a. Installation of communication cable.
b. Installation of switches and receptacles.
c. Installation of conduit and pulling wires.
d. Connection of completed electrical circuits to power sources.
e. Interpret and apply NEC to job. (CCB)
f. Installation of various camera systems. (CCB)
g. Reading of blueprints and schematics diagrams (CCB)
h. Assist electrical supervisor in laying out alterations. (CCB)
i. Installation of various fire alarm equipment. (CJC)
3. To comply with Building Authority policies, procedures and safety regulations.
4. Assist the other shops with maintenance repair.
5. To perform all other duties as assigned by the Electrical supervisor.
Assist Grounds department with snow removal (TA)
Perform other duties assigned by the Electrical Supervisor
The Electrician should be familiar with equipment and tools including Mega Ohm, Amp and Volt
meters, Circuit Traces, Pipe Benders, Trucks, Ladders, Electrical Hand Tools and Safety Equipment.
1. High School Diploma.
2. 3 Years of Previous experience and working knowledge in the preventative maintenance, repair and
installation of electrical systems.
3. Valid Indiana Driver’s License.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Ability to work flexible schedule.
7. Ability to work well with others including fellow employees, outside vendors, contractors and
Competencies required to be successful:
1. Technical skills -the expertise necessary to perform a specific role.
2. Solid work ethic - a set of values based on the ideals of discipline and hard work.
3. Good attitude – the way one views work and life situations.
4. Self-motivated - ability to do what needs to be done without prompting, self-managing.
5. Team player – person who works well with others.
6. Good communicator - one skilled at conveying ideas and information
• This position requires work in an indoor building setting and exposed to outdoor
• This position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
• This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others on a daily basis.
• This position requires the use and knowledge of maintenance tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
20/40 vision or corrected vision is required for this role.
Sitting Walking Climbing stairs
Near Vision Far Vision Hearing Talking Smell
Lifting/Carrying (# 50 lbs.) Travel
IMCBA is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Company policy is to offer equal
opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by
applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy is applicable to recruitment, hiring, rates of
pay, job assignments, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms and conditions of
IMCBA complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA).
As such, IMCBA will make reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental disabilities of a
qualified and disabled applicant or employee, unless the accommodation would cause an undue
hardship on the operations of the company. Because the need for an accommodation is often not
apparent, it is the responsibility of the employee to request accommodation. Requests should be
made to the Human Resources Department. The individual should identify what accommodation he or she
believes is needed in order to perform the essential functions of the job. Employees may be asked
to provide medical evidence to support the need for the requested accommodation. Please contact the
Human Resource Department with any questions or requests for accommodation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Indianapolis Marion County Building Authority
200 East Washington StreetIndianapolis, IN
Get fresh Building Electrician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.