Indiana University Health Physicians has an employment opportunity for a BE/BC OBGYN to join our highly skilled, compassionate team of caregivers at IU Health West Hospital in Avon. Avon is a top-ranked suburb located 9 miles west of downtown Indianapolis.
IU Health's exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 21 years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best and is the #1 healthcare system in Indiana.
IU Health partners with Indiana University School of Medicine, the nation's largest medical school. So, we are able to provide leading-edge medicine and treatment options to patients.
- Full Time
- Monday - Friday
- ~40% Inpatient / ~60% Outpatient
- Key Responsibilities: Routine OBGYN - Prenatal care, GYN procedures, and OB
- Procedures performed: Paps, IUDs, Typical GYN surgeries, etc.
- Level 2 special care nursery
- 100% of all deliveries are performed at IU Health West Hospital
- Strong compensation and benefits package
OB Hospitalists and other staff/resources provide a strong work/life balance for our OBGYNs:
- Nurses trained in labor support
- 24 hour pediatric hospitalist and OB-Hospitalist support allowing for restful evenings
- Anesthesiologist dedicated to the unit
- Labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum setting with great collaboration from nursing staff and leadership
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Residents, fellows, and practicing physicians encouraged to apply
- Current MD/DO
- Indiana license or willingness to obtain
About the IU Health West Hospital Women's Center:
The Women's Center at Indiana University Health West provides specialized care and attention all under one roof.
The full continuum of care for women of all ages is provided at IU Health West Hospital. For example, a patient is able to see her physician for her annual exam, as well as make an appointment with a breast specialist for a follow-up mammogram. Another is able to enroll in childbirth education classes, then deliver her baby in a setting that encourages her to create her ideal birth experience. Yet another woman may see a specialist about urinary incontinence, and then go on to take advantage of additional services offered at IU Health West Hospital. All of this is provided in one, convenient location that is close to home.
Indiana University Health