Under the supervision of the designated supervisor and assigned
physician, performs duties associated with direct patient care and
clinical direction to provide patient care given in accordance with the
organization standards. Assures completeness of ordered procedures and
treatments, assures smooth patient flow, performs general lab work,
instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and
ensures medical orders and referrals are carried out accurately and in a
timely manner. Performs registration and scheduling activities per
organizational and departmental procedures. Maintains EMR files and
performs general front office functions as needed. May perform
computerized physician order entry, only if directed by assigned
physician. May precept current MA team members or MA Externs as
requested by leadership.
- AHA Basic Life Support for healthcare workers certification
per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA, CLIA, and ADA required.
- TB validated (to administer or read) or validation obtained within 6
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Unit Quality Programs, Meaningful Use and
- Knowledge of standard laboratory and medical procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance plans and third-party payers.
- Ability to master standard clinical competencies per current
- Requires basic math and accurate data collection and entry skills.