- Expired: June 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Indiana Packers Corporation - Delphi, IN
Indiana Packers Corporation has an opportunity available for a Lab Supervisor. This position oversees the staff and functions for the 365 day/year onsite laboratory for USDA raw pork slaughter facility. Lab and testing functions include raw pork product and production area environmental testing, waste water sampling for environmental compliance, and compositional testing of rendering products. The successful candidate will have responsibility of hiring, training, scheduling, and leading lab technicians for 2 daily shifts and weekends, and must also be well versed and able to personally complete the lab tasks. The lab manager works closely with the technicians, and the position is a working/hands-on position, with additional managerial responsibilities. The lab manager will distribute lab results to the Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering teams as appropriate and will work closely with the Food Safety and Quality Assurance department and managers. The position is based in the lab, but lab duties include visiting the plant production areas regularly. The Lab Manager will be on a 1st shift schedule, and has responsibility for all shifts. Therefore, some time on different shifts may be necessary occasionally. This position reports to the Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance.
- Hire, train, schedule, and mentor lab technicians (approximately 4 total)
- Enforce safety culture and requirements of all lab personnel
- Understand and execute regulatory requirements for food manufacturing
- Manage laboratory supply inventory and budget
- Collect samples from plant production areas regularly, donning proper PPE of hardhat, frock, and boots
- Manage lab testing results and data, databases, and trend reporting
- Explore and coordinate external lab testing services as needed
- Maintain lab equipment service, calibration, and maintenance schedules and agreements
- Oversee product testing including, but not limited to: pre-op micro swabs, e. Coli, APC, and product shelf life testing
- Work closely with Regulatory Engineers to perform and oversee testing on well water, storm water, and waste water samples collected for environmental compliance
- Occasionally collect outdoor water samples
- Manage testing of FDA regulated pet food samples
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or related Biology field
- Food Laboratory experience with strong background in GLPs and aseptic lab technique
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and data reporting
- Must be available to work some weekends and holidays
- Must have strong leadership capabilities with excellent communication skills, allowing for good working relationships within close working environments
- Must thrive in dynamic situations, embracing changing circumstances and be flexible to change direction as needed
OUR COMPANY: INDIANA PACKERS CORPORATION
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, food service and private label producer of fresh and processed meats company. IPC is majority owned, by Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan's largest trading company with more than 60,000 team members. As a company, we are growing; in the past five years, we've grown by more than 50% to almost 3,000 team members with 4 primary processing facilities and field personnel in 11 states. We've done this through a series of acquisitions and "green field" startups.
We reward our team members with compensation and benefits above the competition, including three health care options (including a HSA), two dental options, two vision options, a very competitive 401(k) plan (with two different company match components), and a number of other supplemental benefits (including a generous tuition reimbursement program). Better yet, we're located in the state of Indiana (think high employment rates, low taxes, and an exceptional quality of life), within proximity of both Chicago (100 miles) and Indianapolis (70 miles).
OUR COMMUNITY: GREATER LAFAYETTE, INDIANA
Lafayette/West Lafayette, Indiana is in a prime location with easy and quick access to Chicago, Illinois and Indianapolis, Indiana. The area is home to Purdue University, ranked as the fifth best public university in the country according to the Wall Street Journal (2019). Two of the top five high schools in the state are located here, helping to fuel a great place to live for our team members with families. With an abundance of strong educational systems and a less than average cost of living, there is a lot to like about the area.
The city has also been recognized by Forbes Magazine as the #2 Small City for Business and careers. With a combined population of roughly 150,000, Lafayette/West Lafayette offers metropolitan amenities while maintaining its small-town charm. If you enjoy a larger city experience, you can be in downtown Indianapolis in an hour and downtown Chicago in two hours!
Indiana Packers Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and values diversity. Our EOE policy not only prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any protected category under state, local or federal law, but also reflects our commitment to making all employment decisions without regard to an individual's membership in a protected class. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, rates of pay and other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in company-sponsored employee activities. As part of its equal opportunity policy, we also take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws to ensure that women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities have opportunities to join and progress within the Company.
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Indiana Packers Corporation
6755 W 100 NDelphi, IN
HealthcareView all jobs at Indiana Packers Corporation