- Expired: February 08, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Indiana Packers Corporation - Delphi, IN
The benefits specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan.
What IPC offers?
We reward our team members with compensation and benefits above the competition, including three health care options (including an HSA), two dental options, two vision options, a very competitive 401(k) plan (with two different company match components), and several other supplemental benefits (including a generous tuition reimbursement program). Paid vacation and PTO.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Assists with new-hire orientations.
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
- Assists with the open enrollment process.
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
- Ability to work in a professional manner, exhibit a high level of confidentiality and integrity while handling sensitive matters.
- Multi-Lingual Oral and written translation for team members and materials (Strongly Preferred).
- Work with supervisors in obtaining forms or other needed information.
- Maintaining employee files, historical and current benefit records.
- Perform other tasks or duties as required or needed.
- Associates degree in HR or related field preferred OR 2+ years benefits administration/HR Generalist experience may be substituted for the education.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in HR and/or benefits administration.
- Bilingual with ability to translate in written and oral form is preferred
- Ability to be flexible with work hours; including overtime and weekends
- Ability to work with team members of all levels
- Excellent attention to detail with accuracy
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment requiring the ability to sit, talk, hear, frequent walking, standing and sitting; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Ability to use standard office equipment such as telephone, computer, and copier.
OUR COMPANY: INDIANA PACKERS CORPORATION
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, food service and private label producer of fresh and processed meats company. IPC is majority owned, by Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan's largest trading company with more than 60,000 team members. As a company, we are growing; in the past five years, we've grown by more than 50% to almost 3,000 team members with 4 primary processing facilities. We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
OUR COMMUNITY: GREATER LAFAYETTE, INDIANA
Lafayette/West Lafayette, Indiana is in a prime location with easy and quick access to Chicago, Illinois and Indianapolis, Indiana. The area is home to Purdue University, ranked as the fifth best public university in the country according to the Wall Street Journal (2019). Two of the top five high schools in the state are located here, helping to fuel a great place to live for our team members with families. With an abundance of strong educational systems and a less than average cost of living, there is a lot to like about the area.
The city has also been recognized by Forbes Magazine as the #2 Small City for Business and careers. With a combined population of roughly 150,000, Lafayette/West Lafayette offers metropolitan amenities while maintaining its small-town charm. If you enjoy a larger city experience, you can be in downtown Indianapolis in an hour and downtown Chicago in two hours!
Indiana Packers Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and values diversity. Our EOE policy not only prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any protected category under state, local or federal law, but also reflects our commitment to making all employment decisions without regard to an individual's membership in a protected class. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, rates of pay and other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in company-sponsored employee activities. As part of its equal opportunity policy, we also take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws to ensure that women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities have opportunities to join and progress within the Company.
Indiana Packers Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at Indiana Packers Corporation
Get fresh Benefits Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!