Quality Assurance Technician
- $23 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Quality Assurance Technician 2nd Shift
Indiana Packers Corporation, Delphi Indiana
A Team Member in the Quality Assurance Technician position will complete and document quality control audits, monitor adherence to USDA regulations verifying HACCP and SSOP task while enforcing hygiene behaviors. Individuals must be able to assure pertinent, accurate and timely collection of data from all processes in the plant to aid operations in decision making, as well as, be continuously striving for improvement. Second shift hours are from 3:00pm-11:30pm.
Benefits and Pay
We reward our team members with compensation and benefits above the competition, including three health care options (including an HSA), two dental options, two vision options, a very competitive 401(k) plan (with two different company match components), and several other supplemental benefits (including a generous tuition reimbursement program).
This Quality Assurance Technician second shift position earns a competitive wage of $22.62 per hour.
- Complete and document primal and sub-primal quality control audits including weights, measurements, and visual assessments of raw pork products
- Release or retain product based on audit results, including informing production supervision
- Monitor adherence to USDA regulations by monitoring and verifying HACCP and SSOP tasks
- Perform monitoring and verification tasks prescribed in HACCP and SSOP plans, including monitoring and enforcing employee hygiene behaviors
- Complete other QA inspections including but not limited to boneless meat inspections, ambient and product temperature monitoring, Xray and metal detector function checks, chemical concentration verifications, inspection of packaging materials, animal handling audits, process, and procedural verifications
- Commitment to complete tasks on time to achieve goals
- Collaborate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers by maintaining a positive work atmosphere putting the success of the team above own interest
- Associates Degree in related field preferred
- 2 years of previous meat facility experience preferred
- Trustworthy and highly ethical
- Must be a self-started and able to work with limited supervision, strong work record and excellent attendance is a must
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Willing to work in a variety of environments including warm and cold ambient temperatures
- Daily and some weekend overtime is required (40-60 hours per week)
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs. repetitively
- Demonstrated objectivity and openness to others' views, receiving and providing feedback in a positive manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
OUR COMPANY: INDIANA PACKERS CORPORATION
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, food service and private label producer of fresh and processed meats company. IPC is majority owned, by Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan's largest trading company with more than 60,000 team members. As a company, we are growing; in the past five years, we've grown by more than 50% to almost 3,000 team members with 4 primary processing facilities. We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
This factory position is in Delphi Indiana (6755 W 100 N Delphi, IN 46923), a short drive from Lafayette Indiana & Purdue University.
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
Indiana Packers CorporationDelphi, IN
ManufacturingView All Indiana Packers Corporation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.