Oracle Pork Service Technician - Northern Indiana
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Oracle Pork Swine Tech - Ft. Wayne, Indiana Area
Indiana Packers Corporation division, Oracle Pork, an integrated swine / pork production leader in central systems approach to swine production following good production practices is looking for a motivated, self-managed, organized individual to accept a role in north central Indiana. The successful applicant will manage grower relations, pig health and working with our veterinarian consultants to provide an exceptional product to the pork market. Looking for a great career that touches pig production, feed nutrition production and learn health dynamics, this is a great spot for an agricultural mined individual.
Summary: The Swine Technician will be responsible for daily oversight of pigs within the Oracle Pork system. The position directs, manages, and coordinates grower's activities essential to IPC / OP swine production business unit by performing the following duties personally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that daily grower practices comply with company policies, SOPs relate to profitable swine production.
- Communicates to OP and OP-Nutrition on feed related items.
- Oversee health status of production facilities.
- Establish and maintain production targets and goals.
- Setting up and monitoring ventilation controls.
- Ensure Good Production Practices (PQA Plus GPP's) and Animal Welfare standards.
- Responsible for upholding IPC image and promoting it inside and outside the organization.
- Responsible for submitting all records and reports to the appropriate destination in a prompt and timely basis.
- Reporting to the Grower closeout performance data.
- Responsible to ensure bio-security policy is followed and enforced. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Carries our management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable law.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Work with staff and growers build moral, positive energy and committed to goals and objectives.
- Able to make decisions, problem solve and exhibit judgment in a systematic approach to decision making.
- Self-starter, motivated, well organized.
- Must have a valid driving license, good driving record.
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic
- Detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills
- Must demonstrate leadership, professionalism, confidentiality
- Good communicator, both verbal and in writing, enjoy people.
- Able to work in a confined livestock facility.
Education and / or Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in animal science or Business Management. Previous Swine management not required.
- Animal Welfare Certified (PQA-Plus).
- Transport Quality Assurance Certified (TQA).
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse group of individuals including groups of managers, contractors, and subordinates.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valued conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstracts and concrete variables. Other Skills and Abilities:
- PC Skills including spread sheets and document software usage.
- Understanding of the requirement of IPC operations.
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
Indiana Packers Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at Indiana Packers Corporation