The IHTC is now hiring Certified Medical Assistants to join our growing patient care team!
The Medical Assistant is responsible for facilitating the flow of patient care in the clinic in an organized, efficient manner.
The Indiana Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center Inc. (IHTC) is committed to providing the highest quality comprehensive healthcare services to patients with bleeding and clotting disorders, and to their families. If you are a nurse interested in hematological disorders and in helping to further our mission of comprehensive patient care, you should consider a position with the IHTC!
Prior experience with the rare and complex hematological conditions we treat is not expected; in depth, initial and ongoing hands-on training is provided.
The IHTC offers an extremely attractive compensation and benefits package. Employees can anticipate an annual cash incentive opportunity—in addition to base pay—as well as a generous retirement benefit.
- Check in and prepare patients for examination and discharge at completion
- Perform vital signs and review medical information with patient; document in EMR system
- Schedule follow up appointments
- Complete INR finger sticks, follow up with nurse or provider as needed
- Maintain and manage supplies used in the clinic
- Complete Quality Assurance checks
- Perform lab procedures; such as drawing blood
- Attend and assist with Outreach Clinics as needed
- Other clinical related duties as assigned
- Certified Medical Assistant diploma or Associate’s Degree is required
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Valid Driver’s License and Automobile Insurance required
IHTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer