Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: Reporting to the CFO, this role monitors and analyzes the financial health of the organization through reviews and creation of financial reports, interactions with operational leadership, budgeting and forecasting. It represents the finance department during organization-wide planning and provides support to management decision-making. Responsible for annual organization-wide budgeting and forecasting.
- Collect, analyze and summarize key financial outputs and drivers from various data sources, including the general ledger, operations systems and other company personnel.
- Create charts and graphs, using computer spreadsheets, to distill technical detail and illustrate trends and relationships among the data.
- Perform ROI sensitivity analyses and provide recommendations to support decision-making.
- Serve as backup to accounting staff for routine transaction processing/entry.
- Work with external accounting firm to ensure annual tax filings are prepared, approved and filed in a timely manner.
- Design and oversee the financial administration of government contracts, including development of rates, time capture and billing.
- Monitor other general business filings to ensure they are accurate and current.
- Serve as finance department’s voice in cross-functional project-based efforts.
- Support Sales function with financial insights on customer contracts, pricing structures and service proposals.
- Oversee organization’s investment of excess cash.
- When requested, provide direct input and updates to company leadership on the financial implications of decisions/plans.
- Provide financial input in connection with review of key operating agreements and customer contracts.
- Develop annual company budget using best practices for maximum flexibility and reusability. Prepare and update forecasts periodically as needed.
- Provide relevant and insightful financial analysis with respect to results across multiple business units and product lines (including cost allocations and the key drivers of costs and business performance).
- Participate in preparing analyses and materials for senior management and Board of Directors presentations.
- Work with CFO to develop meaningful long-range financial projections to assist in strategic planning.
- To the extent it impacts financial analyses, remain aware of relevant developments in the fields of healthcare, accounting and technology.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing (and mostly virtual) environment
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ambitious spirit – brings fresh ideas to the table and finds creative solutions to problems
- Positive attitude with outstanding communication and listening skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, with advanced degree in Business and/or healthcare administration a plus
- 5-10+ years’ experience in financial analysis, accounting and finance
- Robust financial planning, reporting, and analysis experience
- Ability to interpret data, develop trend analyses and assist in formulating action plans
- Expert proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with financial reporting systems and structures – e.g., QuickBooks
- Ability to understand financial statements and prepare forecasts/projections
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Experience with managing complex projects with various stakeholders
- Advanced budgeting and forecasting experience in a multi-department environment
- Able to work with company’s legal counsel to provide financial review of contracts
- Maintain product costing and project-level timekeeping where necessary
- Able to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local grant financial reporting requirements
- Strong capacity to balance recurring and ad-hoc requests from across the organization
- Ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as selected third parties (e.g., customers, vendors, auditors, government administrators)
- Experience in developing effective cost reporting & analysis structures – e.g., bundled revenue allocations, product cost allocations, activity-based costing
- Able to effectively interact with departmental leaders to guide financial decision-making
- Understand strategic operating objectives and their financial impact
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including organizational executives
Indiana Health Information Exchange
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Indiana Health Information Exchange