- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Indian River Center is seeking a Registered Dietitian!!!
The Dietitian will assess the nutritional needs, dietary restrictions and current health plans for the facility’s residents to develop and implement dietary care plans and provide nutritional counseling as needed.
- Completes initial, quarterly and annual nutritional reviews on residents in compliance with federal and state guidelines. Complete monthly nutritional reviews on high risk residents (significant weight loss/gain, pressure ulcer, hemodialysis, tube fed, hospice, etc.). Complete significant nutritional change reviews as necessary.
- Review monthly and weekly weights of residents to assess whether significant changes warrant modifications to nutritional care plans.
- Attend and participate in care plan conferences, Quality Assurance meetings, Morning Meetings, stand up and other clinical meetings, as directed, to obtain information and to provide relevant information regarding residents under Dietitian’s care.
- Counsels patients, families, and staff about requirements; handles complaints and resolves problems
- Consult with physicians and other health care personnel (Nurse Practitioners, Dialysis Dietitians, Nursing Staff, etc.) to conduct independent assessment as to the dietary restrictions and nutritional needs of residents.
- Communicate with residents to assess overall nutrition and provide individualized assessment accordingly.
- Assist in coordination of nutrition care services with the Dietary Supervisors.
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards, as well as all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with patients/residents, families, staff and professional colleagues.
- Use independent logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory process including all applicable federal, state and local regulations applicable to completing job responsibilities.
- Perform such other and necessary duties as reasonably requested by management and in accordance with the facility’s established policies and procedures.
- Holds an approved baccalaureate degree with major studies in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Holds State Licensure or Certification as a Registered Dietitian no later than 11/28/2021 as required by State Law
- Has completed at least 900 hours of supervised practice under the supervision of a registered dietitian or nutrition professional
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Internet, Electronic Medical Records Charting).
- At least two (2) years of experience in a related field of dietary work preferred Ability to read, write, and speak English; and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Indian River Center
AddressWest Melbourne, FL
HealthcareView all jobs at Indian River Center