Director of Admissions
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Indian River Center is seeking an Internal Admissions Director!
The Director of Admissions is responsible to oversee and direct the coordination of all referrals and admission into the Facility and develop.
The Director of Admissions will be challenged to:
- Manage the Center customer flow (referral), admissions process including community sales, referral management, and admission sign-in, through post-admission utilizing the Genesis Core Operating System (PCC).
- Meet census goals by working with the center's interdisciplinary team and Genesis HealthCare Area entities to coordinate customer flow into and through the nursing center.
- Guide the center sales program which ensures: strong customer, referrer, and payor satisfaction; appropriate market penetration; positive public image; maximization of center QMix and Average Daily Census (ADC) goals.
- Build and grow census and quality mix by developing the market and providing prospective patients/responsible parties with appropriate information and assistance in choosing a nursing center. Develop relationships with a growing base of referral sources, leading to a consistent flow of quality referrals to the center. Majority of time allocated to external sales development.
- Maintain records and results on all referral and conversion activity.
- Assess inquiries when necessary and respond to referral sources based on protocol, communicate admission decision and ensure positive admission experience for customer and family.
- Oversee pre-admission room checks with the housekeeping Supervisor/ Director of Environmental Services.
- Oversee compliance of referral processing and admission intake.
- Oversee/Inform appropriate staff of incoming admissions prior to arrival.
- Ensure facility referral TAT follows organizational standards.
- Directs the day to day activities of Admission Coordinator/Concierge personnel to ensure that all Center admissions are correctly documented and processed.
- Work with Admissions Coordinator and BD Team to follow up on pending referrals.
- Create and implement both long- and short-term quarterly marketing/growth plans to achieve budgeted census, quality mix and occupancy targets.
- Review Facility performance statistics related to Admissions, DCs, Transfers to complete SWOT analysis and develop a strategic plan.
- Develop sales opportunities with referring hospitals by identifying, initiating, nurturing and maintaining contact with physicians, social workers, case managers/discharge planners.
- Develop internal programs and coordinate/execute internal events, such as support groups, community blood drives, to support patients that have been DC home and invite the community into the center.
- Identify opportunities for development and placement of media advertisements and print/media creative and work with corporate marketing team for signage and collateral needs/requests.
- Coordinate and provide in-services about the Center, services, and clinical capabilities to appropriate potential referral sources
- Work with Center Administrative and operational team to ensure customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of experience in an Admissions/Marketing position in healthcare environment
- Long term care experience required
- Knowledge of Medicare and 3rd party billing
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to discuss clinical evaluations with physicians and other care givers within facility
Indian River Center
AddressWest Melbourne, FL
EducationView all jobs at Indian River Center