With the support of the General Manager, oversees the daily operations of the 12 St Tavern while maintaining a high-level of customer and staff engagement. Ensures 12th St Tavern is consistent in operations, provides quick and friendly service, and offers opportunities for team members to grow in their own skills and abilities.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective restaurant operations. Filters communication to the all employees as directed by the Restaurant Manager.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture and values of 12th St Tavern. Maintains and models a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events/ continues to keep restaurant operating to standards and sets a positive example for the staff.
- Works with General Manager to develop efficiencies that help staff be effective within their respective positions including training, coaching, and progressive disciplinary action, as needed, in a fair and timely manner.
- Directly oversees and supports leads to ensure duties are complete, consistent, and in line with objectives of the restaurant.
- Prepares staff schedule to meet the needs of the organization using scheduling software to control labor costs.
- Develops positive relationships with team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs, and concerns.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Models a customer comes first attitude, delivers legendary customer service, and supervises team to ensure they are delivering legendary customer service.
- Inspects premises to ensure cleanliness and compliance with health and sanitation regulations.
- Practices and leads staff in making sound business decisions to protect business assets including cash/cash equivalents, premises, records/information, and equipment.
- Creates and maintains a friendly atmosphere and a high level of customer service through leading by example.
- Assist and/or resolve customer's inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner while keeping the best interest of the business in mind.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Performs other duties as required.
Three years restaurant supervisor or management experience required; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Must be able to obtain and maintain alcohol and food handling certifications. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation. Native American preference will be given.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledgeable in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security/safety, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Knowledge of management practices with ability to motive team members, train for success and handle progressive disciplinary action in a fair and consistent manner
- Skilled in working closely with back of the house teams.
- Ability to plan ahead, coordinate multiple tasks, and delegate while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Ability to work alongside team to reach financial goals, increase customer satisfaction and decrease turnover.
- Ability to utilize high-level written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to give/follow instructions and communicate with diverse staff and guests of various backgrounds and knowledge- base.
- Skilled in the use of modern computer software including Windows operating environment and ability to quickly learn and oversee point-of-sale system.
- Ability to be pleasant, polite in manners, and maintain a neat and clean appearance in all situations, especially under stressful situations.
- Ability to remain calm under stress and seek customer centric solutions while maintaining perspective and protecting business assets.
- Working knowledge of point of sales operations with ability to present multiple approaches when seeking resolution with equipment, staff, and/or customers.
- Ability to take initiative and use independent judgment to make sound business decisions
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle/touch/feel reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this position include depth perception, close/distant, color, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in a restaurant setting with a moderate noise level. Evening, holiday, and weekend hours are required.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Indian Pueblo Cultural CenterAlbuquerque, NM
Get fresh Assistant Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.