Indian Health Center of Santa Clara Valley San Jose, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Description: Grant ManagerReports To: Director of Development & Communications
Status: Temporary Part-Time, Exempt, Regular
Position Summary: Develops and maintains grant seeking and management workflow and database in collaboration with grant funded departments and finance, in alignment with the goals, objectives and mission of the Indian Health Center of Santa Clara Valley (IHC). Supports IHC with maintaining compliance with grant reporting and program requirements. Establishes and maintains relationships with grantmaking entities such as government offices, corporations and foundations. Facilitates regular meetings with grant funded departments, management, chief executives and board of directors, as needed. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the execution of the Development Department's strategic plan.
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and facilitating strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data. To ensure deadlines are met for each grant owner including financial reporting reminders.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information during review meetings.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits proposal drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Contributes to internal and external communications related to agency grant seeking efforts, successes, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in creative writing or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years grant writing experience.
- Proficient with developing, measuring and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Knowledge of major grant funding platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, as needed.
- Presentation skills.
- Desktop publishing skills.
- Technical documentation.
- Problem solving.
- Process improvement.
- Strategic planning.
- Market knowledge.
Preference is given to qualified American Indians in accordance with the American Indian Alaskan Native Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code Sections 472, 473 and 473a). Other than the above, the Indian Health Center of Santa Clara Valley is an equal opportunity employer including minorities, women, disabled and veterans.