Behavioral Health Technician - ABA (BHT-ABA) and RBT
Indian Creek Foundation Souderton, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
$2500 Sign On Bonus !
Behavioral Health Technician - ABA (BHT-ABA and RBT)
The BHT-ABA will be responsible for providing one-to-one behavioral support and intervention facilitation to a child or adolescent with a medically diagnosed developmental, intellectual or behavioral health need; as well as to provide caregiver training and family support to caregivers in order to stabilize and child and family situation, provide transfer of skill to parent/caregivers, and prevent more restrictive services and promote age-appropriate psychosocial growth.
A BHT-ABA will follow a treatment plan and implement interventions developed by the Behavior Consultant ABA or a BCBA . Services are delivered either in the home, school, or community setting. BHT-ABA will be responsible for mandatory monthly supervisions and trainings and provide well written progress notes and data collection.
Candidate must have ONE of the following certifications and/or education level at the time of hire:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (ex. Social work, psychology, special education, etc.)
- Associate's degree in related human services field, or 60 credits toward degree
- High School diploma and completed a 40-hour training covering the RBT Task List
- Board certified assistant behavior analyst certification (BCABA)
- Board certified autism technician (BCAT) certification
- Certification as an RBT
Experience: Minimum of one-year experience working with children with developmental disabilities, and/or one year of experience working with children/adolescents in the provision of behavioral health services; two (2) years' experience in the provision of behavioral health services preferred.
In addition to:
- Must have a valid drivers license & 3 year clear driving record
- Able to complete and pass drug screen, & physical
- Able to complete and pass criminal background, FBI and child abuse clearances
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the physical duties required of Behavioral Health Technician (BHT). Must have adequate mobility that requires frequent walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching (vertical and horizontal), using fingers, hands, feet, legs and torso in providing various care. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Works all authorized hours in accordance to each child's prescription for services.
- Collaborates with treatment team members in the development of goals and interventions.
- Provides transfer of skill to parents/caregivers through interventions such as modeling, parent coaching and interventions as written in the behavior plan.
- Provides accurate, clear documentation on progress notes for each session.
- Completes data collection at each session to assist in determining levels of progress.
- Participates in monthly team meetings and group supervision meetings with clinical supervisor.
- Maintains communication with treatment team to report obstacles, progress and/or concerns about treatment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and implementation of CASSP principles.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Participates in yearly trainings as required by Indian Creek Foundation.
- Participates in relevant trainings as they are available to help expand professional knowledge.
As assigned in Bucks/Montgomery Counties including
Souderton, Telford, Harleysville, Greenlane, Lansdale, Hatfield, North Wales, Montgomeryville, Quakertown, Sellersville, Perkasie, Pottstown, Gilbertsville, Limerick, Royersford, Ambler, and surrounding areas.
Indian Creek Foundation
HealthcareView all jobs at Indian Creek Foundation