Applied Behavior Analysis - Behavior Consultant
Indian Creek Foundation Souderton, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
ABOUT INDIAN CREEK FOUNDATION
For over 40 years, Indian Creek Foundation has served Bucks and Montgomery area children and adults with autism and other intellectual and developmental disabilities. By offering residential and community-based, vocational, and behavioral health services, we continue to grow and meet the changing needs of our community. It is our goal to ensure that all individuals feel safe and engaged in nurturing ways that will empower them to build meaningful relationships with others.
Indian Creek Foundation is a community of caring, compassionate people, who accept others' uniqueness as an essential part of our lives. We are dedicated to building meaningful relationships based on mutual respect, unconditional value, and caring interactions. We value our employees as they are the backbone of our organization. That is why we offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
Behavior Consultant: ABA
Responsibilities: Develop and monitor treatment interventions based on data collection and observation; Serves as a consultant to the mobile therapist and to the behavioral health technician, while maintaining direct contact with the family and team members; Acts as a liaison between clinical team, families, and school/community settings.
Education/Training: Master's Degree or Doctorate in Mental Health or a related field (Social Worker, Special Education, Counseling, or Psychology). Licensed as a behavior specialist.
Skill(s): Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and leadership skills; excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills; ability to negotiate conflict resolution; ability to facilitate effective team communication; Knowledge of Applied Behavioral Analysis and Functional Behavioral Assessments; Ability to develop individualized treatment plan and crisis plan with measurable goals; Ability to complete clinical assessments; Intermediate PC Skills and Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software.
Experience: Minimum of 1-year full time experience providing ABA services under the supervision of a professional with a certification as a BCBA. A minimum of 40 hours of training related to ABA approved by the Department or Behavior Analysist Certification Board.
- Supports the mission and values of Indian Creek Foundation.
- Completion of drug test, physical, criminal background check, child abuse clearance, and FBI clearance, with clearance approved; Motor Vehicle Report ( if applicable) copy of degree and any relevant professional licenses.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork:
- Cooperates and works together with team members and all co-workers.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows up as appropriate with team members and/or clinical coordinator.
- Completes requirements for training and supervision, acceptable attendance, and other work duties as assigned.
- Plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction; ability to collaborate and make treatment decisions as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of HIPAA standards by protecting the confidentiality of individuals served.
- Ability to work flexible schedule as determined by program needs, which may include some evenings.
- Ability to file ChildLine reports as mandated by the Child Protective Service Law. Complete required documentation for the agency.
- Knowledge and implementation of CASSP principles.
- Provide behavior consultation services, including behavior therapy, consultation and support to family members, caregivers and teams, in order to stabilize the individual and family situation and to provide transfer of skill to parents/caregivers.
- Works all authorized hours in accordance to each individual's prescription for services.
- Collaborates with treatment team members in the development of goals and interventions. Write Functional Behavioral Assessment, Behavioral Support Plan, Individual Treatment Plan and Crisis Plan.
- Conduct monthly team meetings, and at least six-month reviews/assessments for each child on caseload.
- Complete assessment tools and monitor outcome measurement on each treatment goal.
- Provide transfer of skill to parents/caregivers through interventions such as modeling, parent coaching and interventions as written in the behavior plan.
- Clinically advise the ABA Behavioral Health Technician or Registered Behavior Technician on behavioral interventions specific to the child/youth.
- Maintains communication with treatment team to report obstacles, progress and/or concerns about treatment.
- Attends monthly supervision.
- Attend trainings required by program/department. Maintain current training certifications as needed for programs.
- Participate in special projects as requested.
Indian Creek Foundation
HealthcareView all jobs at Indian Creek Foundation