FT/PT Status: Full Time/Part Time
Great practice opportunity for a Managing Optometrist. The incumbent will operate an affiliate independent optometry practice with a thriving retail optical shop located in Randolph, Massachusetts
Our team is looking for talented optometrists to help us expand our practice in Randolph, Massachusetts. You will be an essential member of a team that is committed to delivering exceptional care that improves the health of the patients it serves through prevention, treatment and education. We value individuals who are curious, innovative, dependable, skilled and flexible in their work. In return, we offer our employees a work environment that is positive, fair and provides opportunities to develop professionally.
If you want greater autonomy without purchasing a practice, this is the practice for you to build a rewarding career.
I. Job Summary
Under limited supervision, the Managing Optometrist will:
· Provide comprehensive, culturally competent eye care services (primary eye care, binocular vision, ocular disease, contact lens, etc.) that meets the standard of care set forth by the American Optometric Association
· Monitor financials and productivity
· Oversee day to day operations including managing onsite retail optical shop
· Recruit, hire and supervise practice personnel
· Perform all administrative components of patient care management, including timely completion of progress notes, consults, referrals, coding and encounters for all patient care activities
· Some Saturday and evening hours are required
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The assigned duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide excellent customer service to all patients and staff in multi-cultural setting
· Provide excellence in eye care that meets the standard of care.
· Understands and promotes the mission, vision, and values of the practice both in the work place and in the Randolph community and surrounding areas
· Maintain open lines of communication with staff and administration
· Must be flexible and adaptable based on practice requirement
· Demonstrate effective prioritization of day-to-day operations and project work
· Provide oversight and monitoring of budgets, financials and productivity
· All other duties as assigned and needed
The Optometrist must be knowledgeable in primary care optometry, ocular disease management and contact lens care. The Optometrist must understand billing and coding requirements for eye care and optical. The Optometrist must possess strong decision-making skills, highly effective verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. The Optometrist must be proficient with computers, information systems and have experience working in an EHR environment.
IV. Education and Experience
This position requires a doctorate in optometry (O.D.) from an accredited school or college of optometry, current TPA certified license to practice Optometry in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, current Massachusetts controlled substance registration and have current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support.. The Optometrist must be eligible for Optometric Professional Liability Insurance and eligible to be a Medicare billing provider. The lead Optometrist must be an effective communicator and leader with a minimum of five years’ experience.