FILE/OFFICE CLERK Mon-Fri. 9 am-5pm
Independent Living Services Conway, AR
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
While this position specifies responsibilities, requirements and duties in certain operational areas, this person is an employee of Independent Living Services, Inc. and will be expected to respond to such requests not specifically contained herein. This person must maintain the attitude that he/she works for the whole organization, and as such, exhibits proper cooperation, enthusiasm and interest in all areas deemed necessary for the continuing success of the ILS programs. Knowledge of all policies and procedures of ILS and related corporations of Creative Living, Inc. and Sheltered Living Services, Inc. is required. Knowledge of agency services and support system is required.
The Office Clerk provides support to the office and/or individuals in assigned area of responsibility. Typical responsibilities include: answering telephones; responding to inquiries via phone, in-person, or via email; routing calls to appropriate staff; performing records maintenance; sorting and distributing mail; running reports; and, performing other support functions as necessary.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General duties and guiding principles:
- Focus first on the person being served, and understand that my role will require flexibility, creativity, and commitment.
- Know and respect the values of the people I support and facilitate their expression of choices related to those values.
- Provide advocacy when the individual's preferences, needs, or talents are neglected or overlooked.
- Develop relationships with the individuals that are respectful, based on mutual trust, and t maintains professional boundaries.
- Help individuals I support understand and express their rights and responsibilities.
- Be conscious of my own values and how they influence my professional decisions.
- Maintain competency in my profession through continued learning and attending and being an active participant in staff meetings and trainings.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for my actions and decisions.
- Recognize the importance of modeling valued behaviors to co-workers, individuals receiving services, & community at large.
- Practice responsible work habits.
- Being on time for work
- Completing all necessary documentation to assure compliance with all state and federal regulations. These may include, but are not limited to: training records, personnel records, time records, incident reports, etc.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality for all consumer information, and facility operations
The Office Manager will perform general office duties at the Profiles:
- Perform General Office Duties:
- Answers telephone and handles "walk-in" traffic as needed
- Assists with special projects as delegated
- Attend in-service training and/or retraining requirements as scheduled
- Makes copies as needed
- Orders and shops for office and special event supplies
- Sorts mail into proper boxes
- Filing Duties:
- Files all paperwork in appropriate area
- Improve the accuracy of the filing system
- Retrieve paperwork when it is requested
- Input paperwork into database when needed
- Perform regular quality checks on the file system
- Keep logs of paperwork that is taken out
- Ensure that sensitive information is safeguarded
- Ensure proper documents are shredded in a proper retention timeframe
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related job duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Independent Living Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, origin, marital status, or veteran status.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; one-year office experience, have basic knowledge of general office skills and equipment i.e. typing, computer, filing, calculator, copy & fax machine.; This person must be able to operate a vehicle; have a good driving record, communicate clearly with people through good verbal and writing skills; and be able to do occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
Preferred Skills: One-year specialized training in the secretarial/business field, great attention to detail, incredible patience to file correctly, good knowledge of office equipment, knowledge of filing systems, ability to implement new systems into the company, ability to work independently, great time management skills
See Employee Handbook - Section 201 - 201A. Benefits eligibility is based on category classification and hours worked per week. NOTE: Part-time employees working less than 30 hours weekly do not qualify for benefits.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Independent Living Services
BusinessView all jobs at Independent Living Services