We are looking for a General Manager with experience in managing independent hotels.
- Daily duties: Assigning renovation projects, managing all departments front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Must perform daily accounting and report income daily to the home office in Michigan.
- Coordinate front-office activities; resolve guest issues as well as problems among staff
- Respond to inquiries regarding hotel services, amenities, and policies
- Interview and hire applicants for hotel staff positions; train hotel staff; observe and evaluate staff performance
- Assign duties and schedule shifts for hotel employees
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that the hotel facility operates smoothly
- Inspect the property daily to ensure the facility operates efficiently and within the guidelines of all policies and procedures
- Participate in financial activities and monitor the facility’s revenue, including setting room rates, establishing budgets, and allocating funds to departments
- Procure supplies and obtain outside services as necessary, including deliveries, laundry, maintenance, and trash collection
- Prefer 3 to 5 years of hotel management experience
- Proficient with InnSoft's CheckInn Property Management System
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and point of sale (POS) software
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills; capable of making quick yet sound judgments and decisions