Print Press Operator
Independent Can Company Belcamp, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Must have experience working with paper or metal printing
Must be able to work 1st / 2nd / 3rd shifts as the schedule may change.
SUMMARY: Responsible for preparation and operation of four-color and six-color lithographic lines, trailing coater, and U.V. drying ovens ensuring the highest quality, with correct color and registry in an efficient and cost effective manner. This position is an hourly non-exempt position, subject to overtime. This position reports to the Production Manager. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for assigned production schedule. Must be able to interpret orders with special setups and procure necessary press plates, inks, color samples and other necessary supplies.
- Responsible for setting up complete press in very close tolerances (.001”), including mechanical gauging, setting of press plates, blanket, ink and water rollers when necessary.
- Ensures function and maintenance of complete line of equipment including training and work direction for feeder and stacker personnel.
- Ensures U.V. oven settings for correct cure and checks this during run.
- Adjusts register and develops correct lay and color for supervisor’s approval.
- Ensures quality in product and record keeping for current and potential customers.
- Travel is required as needed for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must pass color test. Must have basic computer skills. Individual must be able to handle automatic feeder, printing press, and hand tools. Will be required to handle printing inks and wash-up solvents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5 years experience in Large Format, Multi-Color Lithography, better than average mechanical ability.
Independent Can CompanyWhy Work Here?
Established Growing Family Owned Business
Independent Can Company has experienced outstanding growth since inception in 1929. We are the largest independent manufacturer of specialty cans in the country. Our organization takes great pride in our employees who work daily to provide the best customer support and service in our industry. We offer competitive salaries, annual bonus, flexible working schedules, paid time off, matching 401K and awesome health care.
1300 Brass Mill RoadBelcamp, MD