Operations Manager Manufacturing
Independent Can Company Belcamp, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay: $90,000 - $100,000
Location: Belcamp, MD
The Operations Manager directs and coordinates activities of all production in safety, human resources, administration, customer satisfaction, materials management, productivity management, scheduling and preventive maintenance to the can manufacturing departments. Solves problems of both a technical and human relations nature to meet production and customer needs. Responsible for production controls and reporting, under the direction of the Plant Manager. Will interface with Quality Assurance, the Cost Department, Shipping and Engineering Departments, and Human Resources. Commitment to and support of the Company Core Values are key to success in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for training, enforcing and upholding Company and OSHA safety rules
· Responsible for enforcing and upholding all laws and regulations as set forth by the
company, the state and federal governments, and other law enforcement agencies
This includes company safety rules, OSHA, ADA, EEOC, EPA, and etc.
· Participates in safety audits to ensure safety procedures and policies are being properly utilized
· Responsible for monitoring and counseling employees to assure safe work practices
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion and distribution of accident investigation reports. These include counseling of employee and the identification and follow through on any corrective action
· Responsible for annual Lockout/Tagout Audit of department equipment with 100%
· FOOD SAFETY- Follow Company personnel and product safety requirements including standards such as those from SQF and internal GMPs. This includes the effective maintenance and enforcement of the requirements contained in the SQF Food Safety Management system
· Must follow proper handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste in
accordance with State and Federal laws
- Responsible for the enforcement of all Company policies in a fair, accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of all employee evaluations, professional development plans and recommendations for scheduled wage increases
- Responsible for the department morale and motivation as measured by department by various benchmark items pertaining to safety, productivity, turnover, etc.
- Responsible for the fair treatment and professional development of all employees
- Responsible for establishing an open and free exchange of information and communication between yourself and all employees
- Responsible for the proper maintenance, storage and protection of all employees’
- personal information and records
- Responsible for the timely and accurate submission of employee time worked to ensure proper payment of the employees’ weekly wages
- Responsible for hiring qualified candidates
· Responsible for overseeing and completing all administrative requirements in support of the Plant Manager.
· Responsible for accurate and timely response and submission on requested reports responses, financial activities, and daily office activities which are needed to successfully meet the needs of customers, employees and Independent Can Company.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction to include quality, delivery schedules, constant communication and immediate resolution of any customer issues.
· Responsible for reviewing and evaluating questionable materials to determine
· Responsible for the production of a quality product, free of defects within specified limits
· Responsible for monitoring and tracking spoilage to ensure levels do not exceed Company specified allowance
- Responsible for having all materials at line for start-up, back up, and lined up for
next job to reduce down time
· Responsible for ensuring that established requirements of maximum efficiencies are
realized on all production equipment in the lithography, can and press departments
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of equipment production rates to ensure
problem-solving actions are taken before any critical situations arise
· Responsible for efficient utilization of direct and indirect labor costs
· Responsible for direct coordination with other departments to ensure all necessary
materials, including secondary production capabilities (back-up) are available and in
working order to facilitate production
· Must pro-actively seek and implement opportunities to increase productivity through
equipment modification, labor reduction, and operator input
· Schedule operators and mechanical support for designated equipment to meet production schedule
· Coordinate and/or schedule production staffing according to department capacity and line load for maximum efficiencies
· Inform and train department personnel to respond to frequent schedule changes as dictated by business and customer needs
· Respond to and manage resources as directed by production and customer needs
· Coordinate with departments to verify parts availability and shipping requirements
· Maintain constant communication with necessary plant management staff concerning status of equipment and personnel
· Ensure all scheduled equipment is in working order to maintain efficient production schedule
- Must review and closely track all necessary repair or maintenance work orders for the
department to ensure efficient operations
· Responsible for the coordination with all levels of support staff to ensure proper levels
of spare parts
· Aggressively monitor preventative maintenance program to meet maintenance schedule while coordinating with facility departments
· Responsible for the elimination of down time and lost production capacity resulting
from a lack of preventive maintenance
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises employees in assigned Production
Departments as well as Production Managers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems while maintaining Company Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must possess excellent organizational skills.
· Must have a clear working knowledge and experience with current computer systems and programs, computer and hard copy records and files, including but not limited to QuickBooks, MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
· A strong willingness and ability to work and communicate well with others.
· Ability to deal with confidential information.
· Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
· The ability to travel as needed
· The ability to work overtime, which will include weekends, as well as off shifts as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Independent Can CompanyWhy Work Here?
Established Growing Family Owned Business
Independent Can Company has experienced outstanding growth since inception in 1929. We are the largest independent manufacturer of specialty cans in the country. Our organization takes great pride in our employees who work daily to provide the best customer support and service in our industry. We offer competitive salaries, annual bonus, flexible working schedules, paid time off, matching 401K and awesome health care.
1300 Brass Mill Rd. BelcampBelcamp, MD