Manual Machinist - 2nd Shift
Independent Can Company Belcamp, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MUST HAVE MANUAL MACHINING EXPERIENCE
THIS IS A 2ND SHIFT 3PM-1AM MONDAY-THURSDAY
Eligible for up to a $3000 Signing Bonus
Perform all machine shop operation such as, but not limited to, lathe work, drilling, grinding, milling, shaping and hand tool work. Repair and overhaul factory equipment. Design and build manufacturing systems and equipment as needed. Duties could include welding, brazing, plumbing, and carpentry. This position is an hourly non-exempt, subject to overtime, and reports to the Shop Manager. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, and sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished work piece to assure the needs of production and customers.
- Set up procedures to conform finished tooling to specifications.
- Develop specifications from general descriptions and draw sketches of parts or products.
- Assist Production Managers in the development of new tooling, new systems, and new production machines.
- Assist in designing of dies and line tooling for new and existing products.
- Assist in the maintenance and up-keep of all machine shop equipment, make recommendations to management for replacement or upgrade of shop equipment.
- Assist in training of other personnel in machine shop and maintenance in proper procedures.
- Stay up to date on current machining and production technologies and recommend these technologies to management.
- To use and help establish safe use of machinery in the machine shop and in the plant. Recommend procedures to management.
- Operate all machine shop equipment to fabricate all assigned duties.
- Assist in trouble-shooting equipment in plant and for customers.
- Install new equipment in plant. This includes learning operations and adjustments and repairs.
- To be knowledgeable of all presses. To have ability to set-up, adjust, repair, operate, and maintain equipment.
- Check quality of products and to take procedures to correct quality problems.
- To help in slitting department in set-up, repair machinery as needed, also in sharpening of slitters.
- Proper use of all precision measuring devices, such as micrometers, verniers, and others as required.
- Make machine parts to within one-half thousandth of an inch.
- Will follow Company personnel and product safety requirements including standards such as those from SQF and internal GMPs.
- Calculate, through mathematics, the proper equipment that is required, such as gears, pulleys, belts, air lines, etc.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training with completion of 8,000 hours Machinist Apprenticeship training to attain Journeyman Machinist papers as required by company or similar training as received elsewhere; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Independent Can CompanyWhy Work Here?
Established Growing Family Owned Business
Independent Can Company has experienced outstanding growth since inception in 1929. We are the largest independent manufacturer of specialty cans in the country. Our organization takes great pride in our employees who work daily to provide the best customer support and service in our industry. We offer competitive salaries, annual bonus, flexible working schedules, paid time off, matching 401K and awesome health care.
1300 Brass Mill RdBelcamp, MD