Maintenance Technician I
Independent Can Company Belcamp, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for facility maintenance and repairs. Commitment to and support of the Company Core Values are key to success in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform regular facility maintenance and repairs as directed by the Supervisor; including,
but not limited to, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, painting, furniture installation, welding, grinding, and ironwork
· Perform custodial duties and ground maintenance when staffing and work load
levels require it or when the custodian is out
· Assist Millwrights on project work such as cutting using shears, drilling, tapping, tack welding, chute design/modifications, and conveyor belt replacement
· Performs guarding and machine repairs without assistance
· Conduct facility audits (pest, fire extinguishers, ladders, external doors, emergency lights, chains, slings, and hoists)
· Operates forklift and scissor lift if needed to complete a job
· Performs daily/monthly/quarterly/yearly inspections on equipment throughout the facility
· Perform annual PMs and minor repairs
· Perform minor troubleshooting on HVAC systems
· Follow proper handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste and universal waste in accordance with State and Federal law
· Follow company personnel and product safety requirements; including standards from SQF and internal GMPs
· Ability to perform basic electrical repairs is preferred, but not required
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent (GED); Pass the Fork Truck and Scissor Lift Training certification course. Understand air compressors’ mechanical functions.
Independent Can Company
1300 Brass Mill Rd. BelcampBelcamp, MD
Real EstateView all jobs at Independent Can Company