Independent Can Company is an essential employer and actively hiring at this time.
This position is eligible to work from home during the COVID-19 restrictions.
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to work for the largest specialty tin manufacturer in the country. We offer a generous benefits package in addition to flexible work schedules!
Independent Can Company is looking for a creative thinking, confidentially minded Human Resources Recruiter/Generalist to join our team at our Belcamp, MD facility. You will be responsible for recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, training, policy implementation, benefits administration, and employment law compliance. If you have a high sense of urgency and experience in talent acquisition and all functions of Human Resources, Independent Can may be the place for you.
Recruiter & Generalist Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement recruiting strategy for regular and co-op employees
- Manage talent acquisition and onboarding
- Provides analytical and well documented reports to HR Supervisor
- Serves as contact person for benefit inquiries, counseling and employee questions
- Create an environment of positive employee relations, maintain confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, balance business needs with employee needs and spend significant time interfacing directly with employees.
Recruiter & Generalist Job Requirements
- Bachelors’ degree and 3-5 years’ experience in a human resources functional area, with a focus on recruiting and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
Working from home requires a suitable space for video conferencing, online meetings, and frequent phone calls.
Independent Can Company has experienced outstanding growth since inception in 1929. We are the largest independent manufacturer of specialty cans in the country. Our organization takes great pride in our employees who work daily to provide the best customer support and service in our industry. We offer competitive salaries, annual bonus, flexible working schedules, paid time off, matching 401K, and awesome health care.