The incumbent originates mortgage files and assists with processing and underwriting conditions when necessary. This is a full-time/non-exempt position with full benefits and is primarily commission-based. The person hired may work from any of our available branches.
- Pre-qualifies all borrowers for both interim and permanent real estate loans.
- Gathers all necessary loan documentation from customer to submit loan.
- Inputs loan application on Mortgage Origination software, evaluates documents and compares for accuracy.
- Responsible for ordering credit reports through the banks software and making a printed copy.
- Submits loan documentation for approval.
- Orders appraisals and title work when needed.
- Assists Processors by helping compile conditions of loan approvals to submit to underwriting for final approval.
- Back-up closing function when necessary by ordering documents, complete fee sheets and schedule closings.
- Compares competitive mortgage rates daily and price the Banks daily quotes when necessary.
- Locks in interest rates with lender on lender software when necessary.
- Submits monthly commission report to manager by the first working day after month end (using Word and Excel)
- Completes compliance and other job related training as required
- Refers unusual or suspicious activities or transactions to the BSA officer immediately
- Complies with all department and bank policies and procedures and maintains compliance with State and Federal Regulations
- Contributes to the fulfillment of the department and the bank objectives and goals
- Performs as a team member, and completes any other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Education should include the successful completion of recent mortgage courses (conventional and FHA lending). Must have a thorough knowledge of mortgage regulations, as well as the recent changes on guidelines for all 1-4 family residential loans.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in all aspects of mortgage lending and originating.
- Ability to proficiently use a computer, including knowledge of Windows based software.
- Detailed oriented and well organized.
- Strong customer service skills.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Ability to review appraisals.
- Knowledgeable in using various types of mortgage software applications.
- Proficient ability to run Automated Underwriting Systems.
- Familiar with all mortgage compliance laws (RESPA, HMDA, REGZ, etc).
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC related responsibilities in the performance of daily operations to ensure adherence to bank policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements.