Come and join our vibrant organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve! Independent Adult Care Services (IACS), an ncgCARE partner, invites you to become part of our team by applying to the part-time Direct Support Professional opportunities in Richmond, VA. Our Day Services program provides therapeutic independent living skills programs for individuals with Developmental Disabilities. Our staff members take an active role in helping individuals access the community in an engaging and functional manner. We strive to facilitate community activities that inspire growth through experiential opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) is responsible for developing and maintaining positive therapeutic relationships with client, while effectively implementing client’s programs. All of our clients are persons with developmental disabilities. The DSP will ensure the health and safety of the client by following the Risk Management Plan. The Applicant must have compatible philosophy, including the willingness and ability to learn positive approaches with clients; commitment to effectively service individuals with disabilities across cultures; commitment to learn/use skills to help client build their “community”; and the commitment to enhancing the rights of client. We are looking for staff that have experience working with clients that have dual diagnosis.
· Implement positive behavior support plans.
· Support clients in their vocational plans which may include work skills training, or job coaching in paid and unpaid, on-site or off-site work activities including at community-based employers.
· Promote client growth through achieving goals identified in their Individual Program Plans including positive behavior support, vocational, communication, community integration, and other goals as specified.
· Implement other therapeutic plans including Abuse Prevention Plans, Intensive Service Support Assessments, Seizure plans, or other plans or policies that promote safety and well-being of clients.
· Provide personal care to clients, including monitoring and caring for their health, passing mediations, assisting with eating and hygiene, and attending to any other personal needs.
· Record client activities, progress, incidents, health-related documents, documents associated with the operation of equipment or the facility, employment forms, and any other documentation as needed.
· Maintain the cleanliness of IACS’s facilities and equipment, including vans, program rooms, hallways, bathrooms, break rooms, parking lots, or other interior or exterior places.
· Provide for the daily operation of the facility, including distributing supplies, program materials, and reporting any maintenance issues or other concerns to a supervisor.
· Communicate respectfully with all IACS stakeholders including, clients, co-workers, management, vendors, residential staff, guardians, parents, other client team members, client employers, facility support personnel, licensing representatives, and any other individual including the public.
· Conduct oneself in a professional manner, promote the growth and development of each client, follow rules and regulations regarding services for vulnerable adults
- High School Diploma
- Two-year degree preferred or one-year experience working with persons with developmental disabilities.
- Must pass the required criminal background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
- Ability to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Willingness to take initiative and adapt to circumstances.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.