Packaging Operator Essential Job Functions
- Set up and operate vertical form-fill-seal and folding carton equipment for the purposes of packaging dry pasta products for distribution in the retail and food service markets.
- Set up and operate automated case packing equipment
- Set up and operate ink jet date and case coding equipment
- Operate and monitor conveyors, elevators, and pallet stackers
- Operate powered industrial trucks (forklifts)
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Lift, stack, and perform other various tasks, as needed
Processing (press) Operator Essential Job Functions
- Performs die format and recipe changes on Short and Long Goods press as procedures require.
- Constantly reviews the processing operation and parameters to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
- Regularly monitors Die Washing operations and Flour Unloading operations.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Communicates directly with QA laboratory to ensure effective participation in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
- Samples and tests process streams as required by the QA program and procedures.
- Maintains QA records.
- Understands and interprets QA results and takes appropriate action when required.
- Communicates directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Performs preventive maintenance activities as required.
- Assists maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
- Works in a safe manner at all times.
Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent GED certification
Minimum Experience: 1+ years experience in a manufacturing environment desired. Food processing/packaging machine experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must have a general knowledge of basic computer operation. The ability to enter data and parameters into equipment touch screens is required. Must be able to independently analyze and solve problems.