Indago Research & Health Center Miami, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Laboratory Technician manages a research laboratory and deals with confidential and/or issues using the utmost discretion and judgement. All duties are carried out in accordance with the company policies, SOPs, and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) as well as all applicable local, State and Federal regulations.
Note: This position requires the IATA Certification.
· Performs medical diagnostic tests such as conducting an array of studies for various pharmaceutical sponsors ranging from Phase I – IV for adult and pediatric participants alike.
· Performs Phlebotomy: Collects and processes blood and urine samples per protocol requirements.
· Professionally interacts with subjects, visitors, staff, and other healthcare professionals.
· Scans lab kits and maintains inventory of study kits.
· Keeps inventory of auxiliary supplies provided by the site (A1C, syringes, gauze, etc.).
· Orders and stocks laboratory supplies in proper place including the storage on the 2nd floor once a week and check for all expiration date of all supplies.
· Calls Bio-Medical container company for pick up.
· Schedules staff and subjects for day-to-day operations
· Takes responsibility when communicating with both laboratories when issues may arise pertaining to all Lab Technicians.
· Sanitizes and stocks treatment and exam rooms.
· Makes sure all subject specimens are correctly labeled with the Name and D.O.B.
· Disposes of and replaces all the biohazard waste in the lab and exam rooms per OSHA requirements.
· Escalates any issues to the Direct Supervisor and/or PI.
· Maintains timely source of documentation.
· Completes all monitored, sponsored and lab queries in a timely manner.
· Assists in establishing and enforcing departmental standards.
· Contributes to team effort by working with the internal staff to resolve issues.
· Explores new opportunities to add value to the organization and departmental processes.
· Helps others at the site to achieve site goals.
· Maintains Technical and Industry Knowledge by attending and participating in applicable company sponsored trainings.
· Performs all the Phlebotomy Technician’s task in their absence.
· Understands the complete processes of the manuals.
· Works extra hours, weekends or holidays when required.
· Completes additional tasks as required by a specific protocol.
Education and Experience:
· Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
· 2 years + experience at a supervisory level in a clinical research setting.
· Phlebotomy Certification
· Medical Assistant Certification
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Medical Terminology
· Ability to establish departmental goals and objectives that support the organization
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Goal oriented
· Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude.
Attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks.
· Bi-lingual – English/Spanish
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) & 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
· Phlebotomy Certification, Medical Assistant
- Work Location: Hialeah, FL
- One location
· Company's website: www.indagoresearch.org
· Work Remotely: No
Indago Research & Health Center, Inc., is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law
Indago Research & Health CenterWhy Work Here?
Great Clinical Research Company with a professional and family oriented atmosphere.
Research Center facility that conducts an array of studies for various pharmaceutical sponsors ranging from Phase I – IV for adult and pediatric participants alike.
3700 W 12th Ave Hialeah FL 33012Miami, FL